Get ready for cold winters

chesters1

3 hours ago, chesters1 said:

The country would ,the pathetic self obsessed idiots born since wont .

I expect all those expensive solar panels covered in 4 feet of snow  would be very useful.Unfortunately we are being forced to put all our eggs in one basket if hydrogen doesnt replace natural gas ,the infrastructure is there use it! We had oil fired heating in the last house in a 1963 scenario the tanker wouldnt get to it just as those with calor gas heating wont. You need open fires as back up you can burn the furniture to stay warm

I was 10 in 1963 it was as cold inside as outside ,you got dressed in bed (you wernt allowed to sleep in your clothes) no heating bar the gas cooker back then if of course mum had a shilling for the meter.Your school coat was a second blanket 😳

If kids lived like that now social services would be knocking but it was normal back then ,people think they are poor if they can only afford a 50" telly nowadays try going hungry for a couple of days or being given a bit of paper with an address on it to go to  after school when your parents did a moonlight flit lol

The good thing back then was few could afford cars so public transport was popular and the main rods were cleared ,theres so many cars now the country stops if a snowflake falls and health and safety steps in stopping it being cleared incase some idiot gets a chill .In Edinburgh even the pavements were cleared now little is because theres to many chiefs and no indians that do it!

Where is the hydrogen going to come from? If you are going to say electrolysis of water then it takes the same amount of electricity to split water in to hydrogen and oxygen as it produces when recombined by burning the hydrogen. You may as well just use electric.

I was thinking more about just in time supply chains rather than self obsessed idiots.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Electrolysis is fine you get two useful products or split ammonia ,for every powerstation build a water splitting plant .We already pay the cost of producing gas and its supply so hydrogen wont be different .You can use the oxygen to keep alive the ***** deliberately spreading covid and the folks that come into contact with them .

Putting all your eggs in baskets never has been a wise move that includes just in time policies depending on lorries being able to deliver in bad conditions. Its not new i worked in a food warehouse when i was 19 and then at 21 the storage was limited to the top of the shelves and a freezer trailer in the car park ,you got low, you ordered, you hoped it arrived before it ran out!

Now every thing is automated  ,every item is logged going out and ordered in time but the human bit has gone except for the lorry driver and probably a few guys pushing pallet trucks ,i expect a human gets involved when something runs out! they probably wont be pleading down the phone as i did seeing it was running out lol

Talking about the past i was astonished to see our local sainsburys still used a air tube delivery system (not sure the proper name) when i was young any major store had them ,i presume till employees wernt clever (or trusted?) Enough to work out the change and purchase tax ?

For those mystified ,you paid your money at the till the girl (always girls) put your money and till reciept in a small torpedo shaped box and it was sucked up into the ceiling  where an employee worked out the change and sent it back down to the till.

Now the till does the job ofcourse But what happend when the tills go down ? The shop closes ,putting all your eggs in one basket has never been good modern till dont have a handle on the side lol if we put all our eggs in one basket using only mobile payments what happens when its hacked or the electic goes ,change isnt always for the better (see what i did there)

Then theres the gas we still put eggs in one basket ,at one times every town produced gas now you depend on a few supplies  generally under the control of someone who may stop supplying it! Its not simple to solve if you bring the utilities back under state control then the unions will be the bosses and we will go back to the 70's and its expensive to produce our own because unions will be the bosses and we will go back to the 70's ,with the system we have now unions have little power to bring the country to its knees we are between  a rock and a hard place

As to gas i would rather heat my house with gas than run an immersion heater anytime!

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I've been thinking, now that I am out of contract with my energy supplier, what if I just phone them to cancel my direct debit and tell that i'm leaving for another supplier but don't actually get another supplier. Would someone turn up at my home and actually turn my gas and electricity supply off? 

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

I have always wondered the same but i bet you would have to show a new supplier contract to stop the old one ? But worth a try if your daring. I have always wondered how those paying for "green "* energy at some premium rate get their supply to bypass the not so green version and arrive at your cooker 🤭 If its turned off then it can be turned on unless the connecting pipe is cut but that happens if you don't pay your bill as you say if you have no contract with a supplier who " owns" the fuel besides the national grid or Serco? (Whatever the electric cable and gas pipe owners are called today?) I wonder after 6 months you could call it an unconditional (unsolicited?) gift after all it wasn't cut off but still kept coming 🤔

* Thecompany paid some third party to plant some scraggy tree in some field to remove the guilt and pretend its some wonder fuel that doesnt do wrong for the gullible or its from some turbine that works 3 hours a day if your lucky injected into the grid with the manority of stuff from coal fired power stations 

Edited by chesters1
  • Like 1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Talking to a lady today who proudly showed me her shiny new electric car (didnt see what make it was dusk) its great she said its charged off the mains but we have ordered a wall supply as we are going to get 3 (they live with a grown up daughter) err i said i think you cant charge 3 cars at once as far as i know (basing my answer on a fairly old prog i watched) so before forking out get it researched. 

I had read (but not lately) to charge 3 cars overnight you need 3 phase supply as the standard 13amp supply cannot supply enough? i had read somewhere else to charge 3 you actually needed a much thicker cable into your home and ofcourse the more people who buy electric vehicals the power that can be supplied over the cable in the street is limited

So in essence as far as i can make out the whole of the grid will need updating to cater for the amount of cars if the amount of ecars replaced the petrol / diesel ones we have now .Then ofcourse you will need charging points to replace all those petrol stations will you need a mini nuclear reactor to provide power for a town full of charging points?

Everything seems great until you look further ,strange all those greens who wisper in the ears of idiot mp's only mention the plus points and those flogging the cars wont mention them either ,you will find out seeing a strange underground glow from your supply cable when you plug in the 3rd car ,handy for warming your drive and stopping it freezing i suppose theres always a silver lining lol

But what happens if you live in a block of flats ? Technically its illegal to trail leads over the pavement so the council would have to supply x numbers of charge points for each flat in the road ,,so our roads will get narrower lol

https://www.smarthomecharge.co.uk/guides/22kw-three-phase-charging-is-it-worth-it/

Edited by chesters1

If you want to burn hydrogen you would need to replace all the gas mains and gas pipes in houses. It seems like hydrogen is not the way to go.

Citu - Could hydrogen replace natural gas to heat homes in the UK? - Citu

Is Hydrogen The Best Option To Replace Natural Gas In The Home? Looking At The Numbers - CleanTechnica

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

Thats a shame but even mixing it at 20% is better than nothing .

Like the ecar charging major changes is going to be have to be made in the infrastructure or we are all going to freeze unless we produce electric here the same prices as gas.Fracking is a nono look at america and the nimbys refuse nuke power stations anywhere near them .

Scotland is covered in mountains ,pretty useless things so cart them down to northumberland to fill in the bogs and build  nuke power stations there ,they wont notice its a pretty bad place for anything ,the locals are just one step above cave men so they wont notice just tell them its a new mine a special one full of sparks and it will be fine

Looks like my son will be creeping onto our roof to remove the chimney liner and the cement cap the council put on it to force us not to use the chimney.

Compared to the last house we rarely get power cuts here but we have never had a gas cut ,putting all your eggs in one basket like the gov are forcing us to is the actions of fools

Edited by chesters1

45 minutes ago, chesters1 said:

Scotland is covered in mountains ,pretty useless things

Good for hydro.

Yes ,they are lucky in that aspect ,i think rather than putting all the eggs in one basket scientists are going to have to find a way of getting rid of the CO2 from burning gas down to household sized devices .

Our last house was electric only and the electric often was off ,the thought of miserable winters freezing in a power cut bring back memories of when i was a kid and my mum not having enough money to put in the meter .

CO2 isnt some unstoppable monster its carbon and oxygen! both alone not bad we could do with oxygen and the carbon could be used if turned into something usefull all that needs to be done is pump money into it . its the same with polutants going up chimneys catch the fricking stuff and do something with it nothing is impossible but until its mandatory big companies will use the cheap option and dump it .

Personally like you not using gas won't incur cost other than the cost of electric itself ( putting eggs in one basket will have the effect the supplier will raise prices as they now have a monopoly) the council will cover the cost of removing the gas boiler and doing whats needed to use electric but gas is expensive enough as it is even last year before it went up but i couldnt afford to just use electric ,on the bright side there is a silver lining i dont have to worry the mrs forgot to turn off the gas or worse forgot to light it when she has a fit as she does now

The guy who bought the old guys house 2 doors away is going to be **** he just paid tens of thousands to connect to the gas ,previously it used those big red calor bottles he probably wont get much of a return on his investment !

Perhaps if hydrogen cannot be pumped you can fill all those calor gas tanks that abound at the fringes of the village with the stuff ,be handy for refilling your blowlamps and fag lighters aswell unless the greens get them banned ? trying to light a barbie with a mains lead could take some time lol

I think you have an emotional attachment to gas. Liquifying hydrogen is not an easy task. Keeping it a liquid is no mean feat either.

I would not like to have a neighbour with tanks of liquid hydrogen on his premises The Fire Brigade and the HSE may also have concerns.

Liquid hydrogen - Wikipedia

Edited by corydoras