I'm almost ashamed to be a Yorkshireman!!

Martin56

I'm Proud to be a Yorkshireman, except for the behaviour of Yorkshire Cricket Club.

Stinks of the Racist 60's & 70's Era of which Boycott & Trueman were almost all of the Club, end of!!

Seems to be a theme that we are finding difficult to change.

Edited by Martin56

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

I've not followed the story, and with no TV, it hasn't been rammed down my throat.

I gather that first one, and now two South Asian players, are claiming they were called racist names over the course of a decade, and that the "offence archaeologists" are now going through the social media histories of everyone at the club looking for evidence of nasty racist terms in their historical tweets and posts - although I doubt that said South Asian players will be included in the exercise.

Sorry to be dismissive, but while targetting people based on their ethnic origin is clearly wrong if it's done with malice, if one guy is doing it, it does not bring shame on an entire club, organisation or county, it just means that he is a prize bellend.

Call me a cynic, but I suspect that this is more about the ideologically motivated left tearing down cultural institutions than it is about hurty words.

• Like 2

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Why is picking on ethnic origin wrong ,we have no problem calling the french frogs ?

But i have noticed ethnicity  being sidelined ,in one program i watched about WW2 the word German was used once ,we appear to have been at war with nazis we cant go round blaming germans can we thats racist !

Not sure who this "south asian" (theres no country called that!) Guy is but today picking on us whities is normal ,its not racist ofcourse whities are exempt .

Social engineering is the disease of the modern world ,i too have noticed like the following vid shows ,its not normal anymore to be normal you MUST now be a minority to be normal 🙄 despite the normality of reality ,if your a white male your racist! We are all racists according to some

Theres also this sudden "mental health" nonsense going round ,everything effects "mental health" its nonsense bumping up against things that may effect you is life its normal ,you learn from it its not an excuse to go to the doctor or start a legal case if some git calls you a name or you see a dead sparrow ,the human race is turning to self centered shits whose only function is to look for things to whine about or worse whine on someone elses behalf and crave attention.

Edited by chesters1
  • Like 1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Don't Panic!

"South Asian" just means that I couldn't be bothered to find out whether the chaps involved were Indian, Pakistani, Bangladeshi or Sri Lankan.

• Haha 1

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

11 hours ago, Ken L said:

I've not followed the story, and with no TV, it hasn't been rammed down my throat.

I gather that first one, and now two South Asian players, are claiming they were called racist names over the course of a decade, and that the "offence archaeologists" are now going through the social media histories of everyone at the club looking for evidence of nasty racist terms in their historical tweets and posts - although I doubt that said South Asian players will be included in the exercise.

Sorry to be dismissive, but while targetting people based on their ethnic origin is clearly wrong if it's done with malice, if one guy is doing it, it does not bring shame on an entire club, organisation or county, it just means that he is a prize bellend.

Call me a cynic, but I suspect that this is more about the ideologically motivated left tearing down cultural institutions than it is about hurty words.

Says the guy who gets all upset at hurty words.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

2 hours ago, corydoras said:

Says the guy who gets all upset at hurty words.

Not when they're coming from pond life...

7 hours ago, Ken L said:

Not when they're coming from pond life...

Don't tempt me.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Now, if you want a Yorkshireman to be ashamed of....

On 11/11/2021 at 9:02 AM, Ken L said:

Imagine my shock.

Turns out that he wasn't exempt from offence archaeology after all.

Looks like a potential labour candidate ,he will tick a few boxes in this positive discrimination world we appear to be now inhabiting

I am ashamed to admit i abused my kids by not being a black man with a white wife ,not starving my kids by neglecting their needs and sticking with my mrs for 45 years having not disapeared the instant she showed a growing belly AND all my kids are the same race ,will i be forgiven ? Luckily i dont use twitter or facebook or i would be crucified 😭 With them not being gender disoriented  is bad enough ,how the world must be judging my failure ! i couldnt even raise one that cross dressed for christ sake 

Edited by chesters1
  • Haha 1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson