Any "Smart" home users

chesters1

What "smart" meters are telling those of us smart enough to understand, is that we are paying too much for our energy.  

Examine the reported profits of energy companies - then add what they may have stuffed under their toadstools.i

• Like 1

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

• 2 weeks later...

Its not the suppliers its the producers and ofcourse the government.

The aosu seems to be a solution ,it can use Alexa to turn on the porch light and there is now two way communication via a Echo show but its complicated the solution is out there but finding an Alexa 'skill'* isnt easy to do exactly what i want.

Everything is fine if the bell is pushed ,The bell starts the scenario the skill is activated but i want more i need to use the doorbells motion detection system to do it .The doorbell does notify the APP motion is detected and the APP alerts my tablet and phone but so far theres not an Alexa skill to set in motion the bell motion events .No doubt it will be out there all i have to do is find it ! Unfortunately the smart camera i had planned to watch the gate aint that smart its alexa enabled but its APP isnt despite it boasting it was as it has no skills made yet once it dies a more suitable one will be found .I had hoped it would alert the flood lamp (its on a smart switch) as soon as someone came through it because if i used the doorbell camera its going to be tripped by cars whereas the camera is higher so cannot see the road. i could use the doorbell to switch on the floodlamp but its a little late once its been pushed 🤔

*skills ....Theres 3 or 4 "smart" control systems out there that control what devices do ,ofcourse theres not total communication they are from different companies (google is the worst) a skill is nothing more than steps IE if bell does this (ring) then go to step one (turn on light ) then tell APP to tell Alexa to switch to bells camera ,then turn on mic then 4 minutes later turn off lamp BUT as yet theres no step to turn off mic so thats a voice command. It maybe a case of Alexa using IFTT (if this then that) to do it but i will wait !hours of screaming at a phone is in my eye not worth it the doorbell times out after a few minutes anyway if no-one is in so the birds can have a sing in the time before it does 😁

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

• 4 weeks later...

Automatic Kettles were the thin end of the wedge, closely followed by remote control TV!! 😱

Edited by Martin56

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

I remember our first "remote" control tv (rented from DER) was wired ,unfotunately it was just 5ft long wheras our tv was about 10 ft away ,we met halfway 😁

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/8/2022 at 12:42 PM, Vagabond said:

What "smart" meters are telling those of us smart enough to understand, is that we are paying too much for our energy.  

Examine the reported profits of energy companies - then add what they may have stuffed under their toadstools.i

Then there is the "Calorific Value" Lie - you pay more for better Gas???? 

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

10 hours ago, Martin56 said:

Then there is the "Calorific Value" Lie - you pay more for better Gas???? 

It amuses me those that pay over the top for "green" energy ,how do the suppliers get their "green" energy to weave its way through all the ungreen energy to pop up in your house unsullied?

• Like 1