Any "Smart" home users

chesters1

We have a few "smart " devices ,sockets that are Alexa enabled that monitor electrical use and smart switches that come on on command or on timers etc .

But i need some info i cannot find online for some reason ! Does ANYONE know of a smart camera that can be seen and heard by an Alexa Show (thats the easy bit they pretty much all can) But the visitor can be spoken to via Alexa ?

Its crazy in this time you have to power to see and hear a visitor on a screen but you have to search for your phone and open an app to just talk to them!😠

The only picture i have seen online showing a camera on a screen showing the microphone symbol (ie you can talk back) is a ring doorbell there must be more out there?

Most are Alexa enabled but that doesnt mean two way audio in the cameraas i own 😢

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Ordered a blink and hub hopefully that solves the problem ,if it does then we can scare the crap out of postie when he visits 😉

Not just a random urge rfor tech if we have a fall in later life and cant reach the phone we could tell the number of our key safe by the door by either the mrs's Meta Go or one of the 3 Echo flex we have (even got one in my shed ,brilliant for two way talk to others indoors or using as reminders etc) scattered around .The Flexes are brilliant for under a tenner ! The Meta Go is a bit limited but the only screen device that can use Messenger for the Mrs and its portable so you could take it to another room to look at vids ,recipes or instructions how to do things on something bigger than a phone .My son used it last week to take to his car to take apart something using a youtube vid ,trying to balance a phone to do the same would have been a nightmare

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Best of luck. I prefer my kit to be as dumb as a rock. I won't have a smart meter, don't have any cameras and not so long ago I backed out of what would have been a very good deal on a high end TV because it contained a web enabled microphone that couldn't be disabled without affecting functionality.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

No smart meter from me aswell even the meter reader agreed !but ofcourse he would its his job on the line.

I predict every home will have them although (at the moment) its not mandatory all the suppliers have to do is say yours is end of service life or potentially dangerous and it appears. The meter reader says the network they use isnt that great but a Faraday shield will silence it anyway.Generally companies and goverments get their way by deciet rather than big sticks which annoy the masses ..We saw it in the pandemic where you were restricted if you didnt have the passport ,you merely restict peoples lives if they dont do as they are told rather than force people to do something .The resisters against smart meters will just see their costs rise if they dont have one for some reason or other .

Our telly is partailly smart it has internet capability but very limited Apps and no direct communication our Nvidea shield though has a mic on its remote. As to Alexa the Go has a shutter over the camera and if Alexa wants to overhear two old gits whittering away its welcome 😅

As i said the Flex is brilliant for a tenner it has a usb charging port so my little drill can stay on charge after using it in the shed plus its Alexa enabled all for under a tenner! My "to do " list is getting bigger every day ! Before i had forgotten what it was before i got indoors to find a pen and paper ,the mrs uses Alexa indoors to add things to the shopping list.

Edited by chesters1

Well the eufy doorcam doesnt (experience) nor does the TAPO (according to TP-link)

Perhaps the aosu 5mp one will,?

Get yourself a proper smart phone Dave, like mine - Its only switched on when I want, like ringing for a Taxi!! (2 or 3 £10 Vodaphone top ups a year, does me)

Edited by Martin56

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

I have one but cannot see its use as a smart device after all its just a phone it just does phone stuff .

I have gone for the Aosu 2k doorbell not perfect but has two way communication with our amazon flex's we have scattered about ( we have one in each shed they act as ringers for the doorbell ) none of these devices are perfect theres a three second delay after the doorbell rings (much faster than some!) But it now with Alexa switches on the porch light when the button is pressed and off 5 minutes later (between 4pm and 12pm ) .The pictures are great and visitors clearly seen in day and night and with human detection only the fox even coming close doesnt trigger it .I think its the best option after a Ring camera which you have to subscibe to to get the same functions ,i dont do subscriptions to companies who cripple their tech you own until you pay up😠

Edited by chesters1

My former workmate had a door type camera which worked with his phone. He became obsessed with it at work & once said - "There's s Guy dressed as a Postman coming up my drive"

"Yes Tony - Its the Postman". 

• Haha 2

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

We have had a Dexter in ours ,he popped over the electric fence and came in the front garden for a crap . The new fox about isnt so nice as limpy he comes round for a feed and leaves crap! at least the badgers use their latrine in the field next to our fence well until the mrs found out they dont like borage for some reason and a whole packet of seed and the resultant mass of plants made them move it .Not seen the deer for some time it had a fawn in the field then after a few weeks disapeared perhaps to the relative quietness of down by the river where theres fewer dog walkers .As a result we had more roses this year deer love eating them!

Edited by chesters1
  • Haha 1