Well. That could have gone better,

Ken L

Just got back from an afternoon session on the Severn at Arley.

Arrived to see the river coloured after last night's rain, and it rose 6cm while we were there.

I fished two rods, both with pellets in the feeder, and meat on the hook, but the setup on the downstream rod was lighter, with a smaller hook and bait.

I had one classic "three foot twitch" on the big rod, but failed to connect, and just two bites on the lighter rod that produced eels.

We had planned to fish into dusk but packed up after a bunch of bell-ends in inflatables ruined what little chance we had of fish moving in.

• Like 1

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

47 minutes ago, Tigger said:

At least you got out Ken, more than I did lol.

Bell ends in inflatables would really burn my brain and I think it would lead to violence!

I could only think that Inflatable Bell ends would be even worse!!!

Just saying!!!

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

To be fair, with my mobility restricted at the moment, it was just nice to be out.

At some point. I will be heading back to the behaviour that I trout fished to target the bream.

I think I've worked out how to fish the deep water with a bait that slowly falls the last six feet.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Barbel and chub was the plan - but of late, I'm turning into a bit of an eel whisperer.

I just can't seem to help but catch those supposedly endangered fish.

Fortunately, yesterday, saw both pinned neatly through the bottom jaw, so they were easy releases.

I managed to get out yesterday, main reason was to try out a new rod I got a few weeks back.ย  The weather forecast predicted a high of 21 degrees, cloudy and showers so I thought that didn't sound to bad.

The river was a nice height but was heavily coloured with what looked like brown sawdust, obviously the sewage companies taking advantage of the flush of water from the recent rains.ย  They prolly thought it would go unnoticed or people would assume it was run off ๐Ÿ™„.

Anyhow, I had a chub of about 3 1/2lb first trott, followed by some similar sized chub, chubletts and dace.ย  I had an angler just above me rolling meat,another one just below me legering with two rods, then two more just below him both using two rods each.ย  The one below me was there when I arrived, but the rest arrived just moments after me!

I go fishing for solitude and to get away from people unless they are my friends of course, so I decided to go back to the car and head off to another stretch of river on my other clubs book.ย  I had that stretch all to myself ๐Ÿ˜Ž, the fishing was similar to the previous stretch but I got a couple of small barbel.ย  I only fished just over an hour in each spot and am sure I would have had a good chance to catch some better fish if I had stayed, but I couldn't cope with the heat as the temp's had risen higher than the forecast prediction, there was no showers and the sky was clear.ย  On top of the hot weather my ankle was giving me grief so I left it at that and went home.

https://postimg.cc/ns6dnqKv

https://postimg.cc/VSSGyKtf

ย 

Edited by Tigger
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Tigger said:

I managed to get out yesterday, main reason was to try out a new rod I got a few weeks back.ย  The weather forecast predicted a high of 21 degrees, cloudy and showers so I thought that didn't sound to bad.

The river was a nice height but was heavily coloured with what looked like brown sawdust, obviously the sewage companies taking advantage of the flush of water from the recent rains.ย  They prolly thought it would go unnoticed or people would assume it was run off ๐Ÿ™„.

Anyhow, I had a chub of about 3 1/2lb first trott, followed by some similar sized chub, chubletts and dace.ย  I had an angler just above me rolling meat,another one just below me legering with two rods, then two more just below him both using two rods each.ย  The one below me was there when I arrived, but the rest arrived just moments after me!

I go fishing for solitude and to get away from people unless they are my friends of course, so I decided to go back to the car and head off to another stretch of river on my other clubs book.ย  I had that stretch all to myself ๐Ÿ˜Ž, the fishing was similar to the previous stretch but I got a couple of small barbel.ย  I only fished just over an hour in each spot and am sure I would have had a good chance to catch some better fish if I had stayed, but I couldn't cope with the heat as the temp's had risen higher than the forecast prediction, there was no showers and the sky was clear.ย  On top of the hot weather my ankle was giving me grief so I left it at that and went home.

https://postimg.cc/ns6dnqKv

https://postimg.cc/VSSGyKtf

ย 

They are healthy, clean looking fish that have recovered well from spawning.