At last I can find everything 🙂

BoldBear

Am I the only very disorganised Angler out there??? 🙂

At long last I can now actually find all of my fishing tackle and actually get at my work bench for a change.

After many years of putting it off; I finally decided to work through all of my boxes, shelves, drawers, miscellaneous bags and cupboards etc. in my fishing den; a lot of which I hadn’t even seen for decades; and do a clear up and sort out and put it all into a logical order.

It took a while over quite a few days but I can now actually see what I had accumulated over the years and actually throw away some of the things that I no longer have a use for.

I went out and bought myself a label printer to help me; plus loads of different sized containers; plus a couple of new steel storage shelving units; and tall storage cupboards; and threw out some old wooden shelving that had seen better days.

Im not usually very organised but now it’s done and everything is in its logical order it’s great.🙂

Am I the only Angler that has let their fishing tackle and associated bits and pieces get into such a disorganised mess over the years???

I’ve found things that I forgot I had image.gif.2ca045104a4ef6e5777546de94d90e97.gif🤔 and the wife no longer nags me to death about the mess in my fishing den image.gif.006a0a1ca006b7378a1f35b74d0422b1.gif🙂

I also managed to whip on the odd rod ring that I’d been putting off and had forgot about long ago; and bought a couple of new cloth rod bags that had deteriorated over the years for rods that I might start to use again in the near future; now that I know where they are  image.gif.0c1140a5a8dd48f4bea58958d727dd6b.gif🙂

Are you the same as I was? especially concerning the stuff that you don’t use very often? or are you a very organised person as far as your fishing stuff is concerned?

Keith

image.gif

Edited by BoldBear
  • Like 2

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

I am a compulsive sorter and a just in case person.

Rather than forgetting things I now have several complete sets of tackle which contains everything needed ,long gone are the days of borrowing bits from a box and forgetting to put it back and raging on the bank.

If I go carp fishing everything I need is in one big box and rod bag ,everything needed for piking is in another holdal and seatbox and my tiddler bashing stuff is in another .Sea fishing is the same one complete set for shore and one for boat.

It's getting so bad even my metal detectors have their own set in their carrying bags (digger ,finds bag and pinpointer)and every  ordinary bag I have has a set of painkillers bog roll and plasters and a silicone folding cup for the pain killers to fizz into (effervescent co-codamols)" just in case" 🙄 I know if I grab a bag for anything everything is there and believe me if I use anything it's not put away until it's replaced .

Tidying my shed is a different matter to get something put away I need to move something else so it goes round and round first clearing one part by cluttering up another ,I love sorting things into boxes but those boxes take up space I just don't have

Just in case works ,we didn't need to buy anything ifood wise n the first lock down for two months (we had enough for 6) because I had stockpiled food "just in case" .hopefully there's another one or the year or so stockpiled will taste yucky when it's needed lol not gone as far as sorting the food store how would you do it by name or can colour it's not simple

Edited by chesters1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I also have separate tackle bags and rod quivers containing rods and tackle items for the different types of fishing that I usually do the most; and each tackle bag has everything I think that I will need; which means having several duplicate items in each of the different bags.

However my fishing den had so much other stuff that had accumulated over the years; especially equipment and tackle items and other stuff that I hadn’t used for a long time like my old match tackle and associated bits; and my sea fishing stuff; and my fly fishing stuff; and lots of rods that I hadn’t used for quite a few years but would still get to use them at some time or other; plus all of my older reels that I kept for old times sake 😃 etc. and this stuff seemed to be everywhere and getting in the way 🙂

Now I’ve sorted it all out I have much more space and I now know where everything is and exactly what I have and where to find it.

Keith

Edited by BoldBear
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

The Wife's let me have our 3rd (smallest) bedroom for a Mancave/Tackle room. She also bought me some storage shelving, a bit like "Dexion" but Aluminium or Tin Plate?? off eBay (or Amazon) one of them anyway. They hold plenty of weight & quite cheap. You get 2 units in the box & I highly recommend them.

I'll add a photo a bit later.

Edited by Martin56
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

6 hours ago, Martin56 said:

I'll add a photo a bit later.

Here's what comes in one box, 2 units with 3 shelves apiece & Includes the Hardboard.

DSCN2024.JPG

Edited by Martin56
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have dexion shelving in my shed (the gkids call it my shop) very strong but due to the weight on it (mostly many flavours of fizzy drinks cans ((bubblegum flavour is the favourite this month )) it's sagged trapping my tool box .

I don't keep tackle outside (safe area but I don't take chances) so live in the loft but my intrepid collection lives in the bedroom (Mrs loves waking up to see them .......not!) In my corner and my pc desk is my work bench so the Mrs punishes me by "tidying" everytime I play on it (usually when I'm in the shed hunting for some special tool to fix something 🤬

Something going on in the shed all was fine yesterday but for some reason the window now has the most spider web I have ever seen I think a family has moved in on, I have to spray round the cameras tomorrow (anyone with CCTV will know the problem ) so they will get a bit aswell . The buggers have acreas all round the house but they just love annoying me ,i dont bother them in the fields why do they find the need to dangle on my cameras setting off the motion sensing 🤬 I had to shut the gate so the foxes didn't do it now it's bloody spiders at least the door bell is left alone so it gives its little beep when someone creeps up the garden .Once winter comes things improve.

I have put a brace on the back stretch of dexion but I cannot do the front edge or the drawers won't slide out I may have to screw wood to it obviously the 3/4" thick shelves are to bendy.

My son bought some off some shopping channel pretty simple to instal but badly designed ,you bash the horizontal bits into the uprights with a mallet but it's only supported with a little tab that's pressed out that locates into a slot .it seems ok but I wouldn't trust it with any real weight on it unlike dexion and it's bolts and braces .

PS my Mrs would "tidy" the **** out of your mancave ,you wouldn't find a bloody thing 😭

Edited by chesters1
  • Like 2

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

On 10/7/2023 at 8:51 PM, chesters1 said:

I am a compulsive sorter and a just in case person.

Rather than forgetting things I now have several complete sets of tackle which contains everything needed ,long gone are the days of borrowing bits from a box and forgetting to put it back and raging on the bank.

If I go carp fishing everything I need is in one big box and rod bag ,everything needed for piking is in another holdal and seatbox and my tiddler bashing stuff is in another .Sea fishing is the same one complete set for shore and one for boat.

It's getting so bad even my metal detectors have their own set in their carrying bags (digger ,finds bag and pinpointer)and every  ordinary bag I have has a set of painkillers bog roll and plasters and a silicone folding cup for the pain killers to fizz into (effervescent co-codamols)" just in case" 🙄 I know if I grab a bag for anything everything is there and believe me if I use anything it's not put away until it's replaced .

Tidying my shed is a different matter to get something put away I need to move something else so it goes round and round first clearing one part by cluttering up another ,I love sorting things into boxes but those boxes take up space I just don't have

Just in case works ,we didn't need to buy anything ifood wise n the first lock down for two months (we had enough for 6) because I had stockpiled food "just in case" .hopefully there's another one or the year or so stockpiled will taste yucky when it's needed lol not gone as far as sorting the food store how would you do it by name or can colour it's not simple

Have you still got your huge collection of reels Chesters?  

Was it intrepid reels ?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Tigger said:

Have you still got your huge collection of reels Chesters?  

Was it intrepid reels ?

Yes growing slowly ,once you get all the main ones the rarer ones come far slower .I started collecting intrepids 23 years ago but still have approx 25% of reels and boxes to find .The first two reels (I have one) I will never get the boxes all my fastly dying intrepid workers cannot remember what the boxes looked like  they had labels but just a brown cardboard box as far as I can find out they were sold by a couple of tackle shops so may have relabeled them as their own as many did then) so they won't be complete and there's a few gladding boxes I have yet to find but the hardest are the late ones ,by then there were far better reels for the same money so sales slumped ,most were just reboxed old stock trying to look new.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, chesters1 said:

My son bought some off some shopping channel pretty simple to instal but badly designed ,you bash the horizontal bits into the uprights with a mallet but it's only supported with a little tab that's pressed out that locates into a slot .it seems ok but I wouldn't trust it with any real weight on it unlike dexion and it's bolts and braces

Yes Dave, mine are the same thing, but they are very good for what I need them for - storing "Fishing Tackle" up to 25 Kg on each shelf, not Chieftain Tank Engines (for example!!)

Also, he needs to bend the Tab, back into the slot below the top (entry) slot so its flush, if that makes sense??

Press the tab with your thumb & forefinger when it "Just Shows" past the lower part, then tap it in with the mallet!!  It then, stitches together nicely. Like this ..DSCN2026.JPG

Edited by Martin56
added image