Do Bass Nursery Areas Benefit Anyone ?

glennk

Thanks for that, what is the point being made, if we can see them so can the authorities, as long as they comply with current regs there is no problem. Once they have reached the amounts they can take they will move on?

The point being made is that these ships are catching vast amounts of fish just on the horizon which is usually ignored on this forum. Some members being more interested in taking cheap shots at the small part of the catching sector that they can see. :wallbash:

"I fish therefore I am"

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The point being made is that these ships are catching vast amounts of fish just on the horizon which is usually ignored on this forum. Some members being more interested in taking cheap shots at the small part of the catching sector that they can see. :wallbash:

What sort of amounts are you talking about and where are they landing it. Please point me in the direction of the cheap shots and i'm not being funny.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

What sort of amounts are you talking about and where are they landing it. Please point me in the direction of the cheap shots and i'm not being funny.

Hello Barry,

I think the point I am making has been made.

If you are satisfied with the management of fisheries by europe, then from your perspective there is no problem.

"I fish therefore I am"

Hello Barry,

I think the point I am making has been made.

If you are satisfied with the management of fisheries by europe, then from your perspective there is no problem.

Your not trying for a cheap shot at an angler are you :D , can't stand how all of the uk fishing industry has advanced actually, top down. It ain't in the interest of joe public in any event including the ratepayers who have to put money into the eu black hole, i do feel sorry for the under tens however, i think making a mega million pound industry out of quota and licences was the wrong move fwiw.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Guest challenge
Maybe the throw it back, maybe they just land it anyway because they know the chances of being caught are very slim, just like landing black cod into north east ports.

O yes and that’s happens every day GlenK.. Making statements like that about “black fish being landed in north east ports” is so negative and so far from the truth that it makes any anglers references to not being able to have there say knocked back about as many years as there hasn’t been black fish landed in north east ports.

Not only is it a desperate attack on the commercial sector, but also a direct attack at the body’s that enforce them

regards ps you missed a good mach yesterday.

Edited by challenge

Thanks for taking the time to provide such a detailed analysis of my last post Steve.

If I ever need a psycho-analist, I'll know where to come :rolleyes: .

The rest of your ideas are not a million miles away from the FCF proposal, except for the inclusion of commercial rod and lining. (From the conversations I've had, it would be difficult, if not impossible, to get commercial fishermen to accept slot sizes. So why should anglers accept them?

You've mis-interpreted my words again Steve.

I'm not suggesting any commercial rod and lining within BMAs - just the opposite in fact.

I wrote -

My thoughts were that perhaps a slot size for takeable-sized fish i.e. over the MLS will ensure that juveniles must be returned (as they are now, so no change) and a realistic daily limit per angler, so people don't take the pi$$ and commercially rod and line for bass inside BNAs would open up existing BNAs to boat anglers and not impose draconian restrictions (ropes) on anglers fishing proposed BNAs.

We're clearly at opposite ends of the spectrum on this one.

Cheers

Steve

O yes and that’s happens every day GlenK.. Making statements like that about “black fish being landed in north east ports” is so negative and so far from the truth that it makes any anglers references to not being able to have there say knocked back about as many years as there hasn’t been black fish landed in north east ports.

Not only is it a desperate attack on the commercial sector, but also a direct attack at the body’s that enforce them

regards ps you missed a good mach yesterday.

Typical sea fisheries view, bury head in sand is easier than do anything about black fish, Black fish is a reality and exists everywhere except in the eyes of sea fisheries committees.

Yes I am attacking SFC because I know that they are waste of space, and money for that matter

steve

Thanks for taking the time to provide such a detailed analysis of my last post Steve.

If I ever need a psycho-analist, I'll know where to come :rolleyes: .

Well, I believe in answering questions, Steve, not ducking them. It's a pity that some others aren't capable of the same transparency. But then again, if I had something to hide................

You've mis-interpreted my words again Steve.

I'm not suggesting any commercial rod and lining within BMAs - just the opposite in fact.

I wrote -

My thoughts were that perhaps a slot size for takeable-sized fish i.e. over the MLS will ensure that juveniles must be returned (as they are now, so no change) and a realistic daily limit per angler, so people don't take the pi$$ and commercially rod and line for bass inside BNAs would open up existing BNAs to boat anglers and not impose draconian restrictions (ropes) on anglers fishing proposed BNAs.

We're clearly at opposite ends of the spectrum on this one.

Cheers

Steve

I must be going mad, Steve, because I can still see the part where you say that commercial rod and lining inside BNA's would open them up to boat anglers.

As you say, we're at opposite ends of the spectrum. It'll be interesting to see who was right when the deed is done.

Cheers

Steve

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

Guest challenge
Typical sea fisheries view, bury head in sand is easier than do anything about black fish, Black fish is a reality and exists everywhere except in the eyes of sea fisheries committees.

Yes I am attacking SFC because I know that they are waste of space, and money for that matter

steve

Ok then Steve.

Ill take me flack jacket off and go and bury ma head back in the sand.

Regards.

Well, I believe in answering questions, Steve, not ducking them. It's a pity that some others aren't capable of the same transparency. But then again, if I had something to hide................

If I had anything to hide (which I don't) then do you really think that I would be posting my personal thoughts on here Steve?

I'm a life-long angler and like you Steve, the sport is one of the most important things in my life.

I must be going mad, Steve, because I can still see the part where you say that commercial rod and lining inside BNA's would open them up to boat anglers.

You must be mad if you think I'm condoning any commercial access to BNAs Steve!

(BTW I know a good psycho-analist) :lol: