What multiplier?

Casey

Your opinions again please :D i'm in the market for a good strong one , been thinking about an Abu 7000, Slosh 20, need it for hauling fish up 20ft walls without having to jerk the rod :rolleyes: i own smaller sized reels in the 7ht size.

I should state that i do carry a drop net also.

[ 26. September 2004, 03:17 PM: Message edited by: Casey ]

7000/9000 without any shadow of doubt for me!! No question about it.

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

abus are ok if you want to shell out 25 quid every 2 years for new side plates. I also stripped the gears in my 7500 winding in a lump of kelp. Abus have the edge on casting but have a slower retreive. For power try the sloshes or the penns. Having said that abus are my favourite.

Try to avoid hauling fish up heights. best thing to do is build a pole with a pulley on. old bike forks are ideal for this attached to an alloy pole. take the spokes off the wheel and use the hub as yer pulley. Or neal on yer rod butt with the tip over the edge of the drop and pull the line through the rod eyes to pull the fish up. try not to use your real as this is one sure way to make sure you strip the cogs.

I'd go for the Slosh 20/30 myself.

Get the fish to the top of the water, then grab hold of the line beyond the tip ring of your rod. Then haul up by hand ! Sort out your reel when you have landed the fish ... If you are not sure of your hook set .. use a drop net.

Simple !!! :D:D

The Older I get .. The better I was.

Have had my Abu 7000 for about a year now, best money i've ever spent although i've never used a Slosh or penn. I do alot of heavy rock fishing and it comes up trumps every time, also use it for boat fishing with no problems.

No Luck This Time..............Roll On Next Time