Skate Fishing

Norrie

Hiya,

just had to post to get this thread to reach fifty

btw Alan... we had a 167 and a 127 on Saturday :)

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Davy Holt:

Hiya,

just had to post to get this thread to reach fifty

btw Alan... we had a 167 and a 127 on Saturday :)

Brilliant, the weather looks as if it is going to be kind to us on Friday. Can you email me with a meeting place and a mobile number please?

My mates are so sick that they can't go that they are doing a 48 hour wrecking trip :D

See you Friday. :cool:

Alan(nl)

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

Davy, thanks for making my first post a good 'un, hope we get fish to match , I know you will. Geoff and I had a great time fishing at Thurso last week, We were fishing amongst the best there is, had a pint or nine afterwards. Have a good one this weekend, and remember to leave us some fish.. :D:D PS its Geoff the cods Birthday tomorrow, 21 again for the 27th time.

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

Hiya,

Norrie:

Davy, thanks for making my first post a good 'un, hope we get fish to match , I know you will. Geoff and I had a great time fishing at Thurso last week, We were fishing amongst the best there is, had a pint or nine afterwards. Have a good one this weekend, and remember to leave us some fish.. :D:D PS its Geoff

I must admit... I'm looking forward to this weekend, thanks to the guys that were over this weeken I've got a couple of dozen Coalies to play with. :-)

btw the two fish and 1 lost (the bait haddn't been put on right and the bait was masking the hook) were all on Coalie baits.

[ 27 May 2002, 08:13 PM: Message edited by: Davy Holt ]

Davy

Davy, thanks for the info, it will be a big help, I am sure, I dont know if Geoff has been on to Ronnie just yet but we are going up to Buckhaven on Sunday on a bait catching trip. Hopefully there will be another boat or two at our beck and call. So far we have one 2lb coalie in the freezer. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Theocritis..

Norrie:

Davy, thanks for the info, it will be a big help, I am sure, I dont know if Geoff has been on to Ronnie just yet but we are going up to Buckhaven on Sunday on a bait catching trip. Hopefully there will be another boat or two at our beck and call. So far we have one 2lb coalie in the freezer. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

That's the area my coalies came from.. if you need more I'll sell you some at 10 quid each

Davy

Davy Holt:

Davy,

as we have 3 complete days fishing, I would be more than willing to give one day a miss and concentrate on catching bait for your freezer. Monday was a surprise bonus day after all. I have some lures/jellies/rattle heads that I have been asked to try out. The products do work and catch fish but more of that later. Again I will be guided by you.

I only have to sleep 4 more nights and then it's up, up and away. :D

Alan(nl)

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

Hiya,

quote:

Originally posted by Alan Taylor:

as we have 3 complete days fishing, I would be more than willing to give one day a miss and concentrate on catching bait for your freezer. Monday was a surprise bonus day after all. I have some lures/jellies/rattle heads that I have been asked to try out. The products do work and catch fish but more of that later. Again I will be guided by you.

I only have to sleep 4 more nights and then it's up, up and away. :D

Alan(nl)[/QB]

Once we have the skate sorted we'll play it by ear, the Pollack have moved in so we should be able to have some fun with them on the jellies.. I'm testing them too

We should be seeing the first of the Mackerel anytime but for some reason the hoards of small Coalies that we normaly get are about 3 weeks late in showing.

Davy

Hi, As regards jellies, I brought a stack of various types back from my last trip to the U.S :cool: (where they are as cheap as cheap can be). Once again you have given me inspiration and I think I will throw them in my box. I love this picking other peoples brains.

Theocritis..

Hiya,

Norrie:

Hi, As regards jellies, I brought a stack of various types back from my last trip to the U.S :cool: (where they are as cheap as cheap can be). Once again you have given me inspiration and I think I will throw them in my box. I love this picking other peoples brains.

I thought you would have been already using them over in your neck of the woods, bloody brilliant for the cod and pollack out from St Andrews. I fished out there last year with Ian Lindsay we had nearly 200 Cod to 5lb on 3oz leadheads and Jelly worms.

Fish them on just a heavy enough leadhead to get you close to the bottom and retrieve very slowly. What ever you do, do not strike when you feel a fish just keep on reeling :)

Davy