Skate Fishing

Norrie

At the moment, it seems every outdoorsman in Texas wants to take me fishun - will let you know how things pan out.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Vagabond - a couple of tips for you then so you will be better able to deal with the Texas folk.

They are very football mad (that is the game with the pointy ball and all the great hulks with padding everywhere). Especially college football. Quite a few universities there with good teams.

One such school is Texas A&M (for Agricultural & Mechanical). Know as the Aggies - and Aggies are not known for having lots of smarts.

For instance, a seven course meal for an Aggie is a fried possum and a 6 pack of beer.

I heard of one young man who went there with the intention of becoming a well-educated farmer.

He did his 4 years, got his degree, and went back to his families farm. He intended to raise chickens and make himself a bunch of money.

After he had been trying the chicken raising for a while - without any success whatever - he decided to call back to A&M and see if the professor who had been his advisor could offer suggestions.

The professor asked "What exactly seems to be the problem Billy Ray Joe Bob?"

"Well Professor - I got all ready early in the spring by plowing up a few acres. I then bought myself 100,000 baby chicks and carefully planted them so just the neck and head were above ground. I watered them carefully and fertilized them well. After a few days though, they had all died." Billy Ray Joe Bob told him with a tremor in his voice. "I just can't figure out what went wrong. Can you help me?"

The professor thought for a bit (and you could tell it was deep thought since the sound of head scratching was audible thru the phone). He finally said, "Billy Ray Joe Bob, I can't be positive but my guess would be you either planted them too early or else used too much fertilizer".

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Hi Davy B, Thanks for a superb reply to my querie, it was a joy to read it. Sounds like you all had a great day or two out with Davy. I am going out fishing with my mate (who has just joined)Geoff the Cod and am REALLY looking forward to it. Vagabond, have a good time in Texas, I haven't been there yet, been to the west coast a couple of times,and Arizona,Enjoy your break. :cool: :cool: :cool:

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

Davey B:

Here's a futher little teaser for anyone thinking of going out Skate fishing. And she was just a baby. Have fun.

Skate

I don't think that was very nice Davey B :D , I am just waiting for the call and it is killing me.

Seriously though, that was great. I am realy looking forward to what looks like being a great week-end, just as soon as the fish start to show.

Alan(nl)

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

I don't think that was very nice Davey B :D , I am just waiting for the call and it is killing me.

Seriously though, that was great. I am realy looking forward to what looks like being a great week-end, just as soon as the fish start to show.

Alan(nl)[/QB]

A few more then? ;-)

More Fishy Pix

--

Be Kind To Your Children, They Get To Pick Your Nursing Home.

Norrie:

Davyb, as they say skate anglers have bigger tackle...

LMFAO, well at least you didn't comment on where she had her snout :D

:o:o Mind if I get my coat?

--

Be Kind To Your Children, They Get To Pick Your Nursing Home.

Norrie:

Davyb, as they say skate anglers have bigger tackle... That is one heck of a keep net :D

Yup and I only let davey B out of it so that he could get his photo taken :):):):)

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"

• 2 weeks later...