Mullet watch 2005

Guest sslatter

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done Matt.

After a Saturday night Barbel trip was cancelled I fished the Medway last Sunday morning from 4.30am through to 11am. Had lots of intrest with tiny knocks and trembles with the odd single sharp tap. As the high tide started to turn Mullet appeared around the bread bag and took the scraps freely. After a few min's they started attacking the breadbag, backs out of the water etc, ignoring the hook bait just a few mm's away. So . .. moulded a lump of bread over my swan shot and fished a pc of flake a couple of cm's below. The lump of bread was Tangerine sized, well, one fish managed to get it in it's mouth minus the hook bait. I watched for some time as these hit and run fish mouthed my hook baits, of various sizes, while snapping down the free items. With the tide now running faster and faster it became obvious my hook baits were now starting to look un-natural so moved into some slack water but the ghosts did what they do best.

So no fish hooked but still a wonderful experence just short of a heart attack !

Leon tells of the Mullet that took his swimfeeder ! Fine hook lengths and carefully chosen hooks ? - try 18lbs line, a size 2 and a lump of plastic as bait

Sean fishes Weymouth with surprisingly sized baits . . and in gin clear water. Hopefully I'll be back out on the Medway this coming weekend, there's a few ideas I want to try.

This is what makes Mullet such a challenge, if they were easy we would not bother. So anyone reading this who likes to bag up now and again . . don't go Mullet fishing ! ever!!

Sean .. worked on our Weymouth digital pictures in Adobi the other night. Not being an expert I was not getting on very well, so thought I'll swop to the XP software I know my way around. Deleted the pictures out of Adobi forgetting the USB was still connected to my camera . . result - lost all the pictures inc one son's birthday and about 50 other angling shots. Lesson learned the hard way !! Bo**ocks ( excuse my French ).

[ 16. August 2005, 01:41 PM: Message edited by: Andrew Boyd ]

Andrew Boyd

Cheers Jim,

I'll send the pic of it in when i get back onto my comuter.

An graet fight too.

10 mins or so then i had to net it with 1 hand while i played the fish with the other.

then run up into staples and get some one to take a pic.

Matt

Hia's All