Charter Boats

Prelude

It happens to us all Bryan, at some time, I remember being out on a charter boat as a 'nipper' about 30 years ago off the Needles, at that time we were in a large open boat, spent hours in the bilge!!!!

Later I worked on a Tug aout of Southampton, Locke she was called, when i felt sick I used to get the dingy on deck and go to sleep. always worked.

I love meeting new faces Bryan, as much as I love fishing. If you are thinking of coming to the Island next year give me a shout. Will take you and the boys out for a spot of Mackeral bashing.

PS Don't worry about the reversing...... sold the warrior and went back to a bigger boat :D

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds good HV

we enjoyed the Island immensly, my yougst didnt want to leave and we still have much to see. The reason I took them out for mackeral is to get the interest up in the youngest, which of course it did, I didnt want him waiting around on a boat that wasnt catching much, Now of course because of my recent exploits down at Chesil ( see reports) he up for a bit a beach angling).

Would love to meet up next time I am over there

Keep it reel!!

ROFLMAO........

Just read that Bryan, very good matey, keep it up......

I have a Labby, just the same, he don't come fishing so hasn't developed a taste for squid yet :D

So far he has had a Large piece of Rump Steak off the Kitchen Worktop, and a bacon sarnie of mine off the table, a couple of years ago we had some building work done and he ran off with the builders lunch box and ate the lot and last week at my daughter's Birthday party he had a whole Pizza of the table and ate it in seconds.....

The wife says he is just like me...........

Can't see it myself............

He ate a whole Pizza in four seconds.... fair enough........ But no beer to wash it down......

HOW IS THAT LIKE ME :rolleyes::D

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

LOL!!

My wife calls the dog an "opportunist burglar", but yes they will eat anything and everything in site. Bacon sandwiches sound familiar! We were gonna take him this year to the island but didnt think it was fair, unbeknow to us, the IOW seems to be really dog friendly, we mets leads of peeps at attactions with dogs

Keep it reel!!

hi prelude,

After reading all the reply's there,s one thing

missing, have confidence in what you are doing and i think you'll find other's will notice this and will feel confident in you, which means they will allway,s come back to you, time and again.

good luck. :D

Hi Guys,

I have not vanished, Just been busy in my "normal Job", sorry!

Your comments are very much appreciated, and I will put them into practice.

I am new to these forums and can not understand some of the abreviations (where did the dogs come in?), I guess I will learn.

kind regards

Gary

www.preludecharters.co.uk

Prelude:

(where did the dogs come in?), I guess I will learn.

The Huge_Vitae's Labby (I'm guessing Labrador as I have one of those bait guzzlers too). :( What you'll learn is that some of these threads get very convoluted and end up nowhere near where they started :D Stick with us though, we welcome the company.

[ 28. October 2004, 12:53 PM: Message edited by: Salar ]

East Hampshire Boat Anglers www.boat-angling.co.uk

back on topic, If you drift wrecks then your punters would probably appreciate knowing how much the wreck comes up off the bottom, when it appears on the sounder, and when you've passed over it. It would also help to know if the lines are running ahead of the boat (wind against tide), or being dragged behind it.

Like Fresh coffee? www.Bean14.com