playing fish

The Flying Tench

I cant be right in the head you know but with Daves falling asleep on the beach and Andy's fingers up the butt Ive not stopped giggling (in the most school girlyish way) at this whole thread! Been some great humour on AN recently and nice to see a return of it after the some what strange attitude that has prevailed recently! My favourite up till now though has to be Tels reference to Dens "artwork" on the Deep hooking thread! the battered cod "bait" bit tickled me as did Dens sharp reply!

yeah, ive gotta admit this thread has had me a chuckle or two! :D

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, good thread and some real clangers being dropped lol

Personally I'd have to agree with Andy when it comes to piking on bait rods, I usually try and get them in pretty quickly. On a fly rod though it's single hand and other on hip. as you watch the backing come off the reel (I wish).

Budgie, "little things" and all that :) Was I sharp with Terry ? I just read his comment a bit fast and got the words mixed up :)

Try it your self a few times :) almost a tongu twister.

Den

Ooops sorry didnt mean sharp in that sense but sharp as in quick witted.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

"Does one" (lovely sounding phrase).....I will say it again...."Does one"...... really plan how they play a fish? "Doesn't one" (even better) just pull in the opposite direction to which the fish pulls?

"One would think it pretty simple really, but then "what does one know" ?

Den

I do when snag fishing close in.I think that its really important to make a plan and above all stick with it in this situation.

But in most other situations it really is a case of thinking on yourfeet and as Den says simply reacting to the fish.

Well I see no amount of logic, even when a fulcrum has been explained time and again, will change Peter's opinion that those who do, are w##nkers, poseurs or ponces. Peter prefers to jam butts in his groin. Each to his own Peter....each to his own.

(PS: why did you spell it like that Peter...are you French, are you just posing or maybe you're a wankeur...lol)

....Regards....Andy..... ;)

Edited by Andy Macfarlane

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Andy I reckon Mr Sharpe really wants to try two fingers up the butt but is to scared to come out of the closet!

Shame Ferret (where is he these days anyone know?) wont be at Timsbury with his camera like he used to as I would gladly do some poncy posing (in my shorts as well) if I hook into one of those double figure brownies that have been showing on my trotting rod.

NB: I didnt make any cheap double entendres re fingers up butt and big brownies on the end of my rod.

We seem to be really getting away with it today,maybe John S has died?

Edited by BUDGIE

You might be right mate.... :lol:

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...