Now This is what Scrabster is all about....

tuggs

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pfft, what a small catch! My mate and I had 432lb of pollack (gutted) earlier this year, about 75 fish. We started fishing at 10am, left the mark at 1:30pm and we'd stopped fishing twice during that time to gut the fish. We only stopped because we ran out of bait and we were knackered!

Like Fresh coffee? www.Bean14.com

Looks like a really enjoyable days fishing Davey/Paula. Is thourghly enjoyable to have a good day afloat picking up a good few fish like that.

Cod fishing up your way is just fantastic.

OK my picture of fish removed to keep some happy.

Gillies

[ 14. September 2005, 08:34 PM: Message edited by: Gillies ]

tha fis agam a bhe iasg nuth dunidh sasain!

www.gilliesmackenzie.com

if these pictures were printed in any of the magazines you would all be on here slating them for needless killing.

Nothing justifies killing fish that you are not using no matter how big the trawler in the area is.

the top picture is ok as 16 fish is a managable number but the 2nd picture is downright wholesale slaughter. the sort of thing taken in the 80's when we didn't really know better.

dale:

if these pictures were printed in any of the magazines you would all be on here slating them for needless killing.

Nothing justifies killing fish that you are not using no matter how big the trawler in the area is.

the top picture is ok as 16 fish is a managable number but the 2nd picture is downright wholesale slaughter. the sort of thing taken in the 80's when we didn't really know better.

In case you don't bother to read other threads where we mention we catch and keep fish (cod & pollock mainly) all the fish caught go off to be smoked for consumption by us and our friends over the coming year.

Gillies,

I didn't see your pic, but post it back up, you can't please all the people all the time, but my guess is that however many you had caught you had a use for them all!

[ 14. September 2005, 09:31 PM: Message edited by: tuggs ]

scrabster survivor and official loony

www.tugmistress.co.uk

Life can't get better than this!

www.save-our-sharks.org