520lber caught!

tyurke

Bottomfish,

Yep got that bit about the abrasion resistance. Think the point I was commenting on was the use of such a heavy line test on what is basically a light rod with an ability to put only a few pounds of pressure on a fish. Having said all that it`s not my business, Scopex is more than entitled to use any test or type of line he wishes. Must add one bit though, with an eighty test line he could simply lock up and stop it going in the structures in the first place. Hows life over there? Been quite since you guys stopped posting, somebody even commented on how boring it was as local weather forecasts were being exchanged.

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

stan4massey:

Bottomfish,

Must add one bit though, with an eighty test line he could simply lock up and stop it going in the structures in the first place.

Not that simple I'm afraid Stan, if anything, I've had to be a lot less heavy handed since changing to braid because of it lack of stretch compared to mono.

"Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

We were just standing up for ours in the begining. I look in every day just because I love to fish and when we cant fish we read and post about it. But I must say I have learned alot about your fishing and its state. I think that the reason some of you get offeneded by the way we do things(fishing no politics) is do to the fact that your fishing grounds are in bad shape. Some of you still dont get it we take pics of the dead fish for trophy sake and then we eat the fish, we dont kill the fish for the pics. This thread has made me appretiate ours. We are so used to things the way they are that we don't realize how good we have it.

Scopex, I understand that you use it in order to release it sooner. You say the lighter line could break and leave the fish to get tangled, maybe so. That is your view. But if the fish breaks your 80# power pro, do you think it is going to have a easyer time with it than the lighter line?

Valid point Bottomfish however don't think if the line has snapped the b/s is all that relevant really as in all likelihood if it snags up the fish would most likely die regardless of b/s and that’s not taking into consideration the trace or large multihook lure it'll have to deal with.

I use 80lb braid on my jerkbait outfit and have quite often straightened the trebles when they have snagged up. For deadbaits I use 50lb braid which has a diameter similar to 14lb mono.

I feel that braid enables me to return my catch sooner and in better condition and that has to be a good thing.

"Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

BOTTOMFISH:

Scopex, I understand that you use it in order to release it sooner. You say the lighter line could break and leave the fish to get tangled, maybe so. That is your view. But when the fish breaks your 80# power pro, do you think it is going to have an easyer time with it than the lighter line? The same way you think you are doing it for the good of the fish, We use the lighter line to make it more sporting for the fish. Neither of us mean harm just different theory's of the same sport.

Stan the weather here is terrible and with the storm headed this way, looks like we cant fish till next week. And I to think the theard it slloowwing down. As for us we back at our forum. If your guys would look in and read with open minds, it might be easyer to understand us. Remember you are going to see alot of pics, we think it make for a better story with pics.

http://outdoorsbest.zeroforum.com/zeroforum?id=8