520lber caught!

tyurke

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

got to say well done to the original poster for starting this thread! good to see the odd wasp nest get turned over and poked with a stick!

some realy intresting points have been posted and also some hoplesly stupid ones from both sides! and feel iv learnt a few thing and also been made to feel a dame right genious by some!

just dont get the killing thing when photos now adays can show the fish in such a good way alive (lets face it they look better alive) lots of diffrences between us lads and ar cousins! but feel arfter reading the posts that being lame and polite and subserviant and general walk overs that has been stated by alot of yanks ar just dumb sterio types! as broudbased as me saying all yanks ar fat short sighted nousy brash slaves,yeeeha cowboys that arnt only a threat to them selves but a bull in a china shop in most global situations! this is obviously rubbish as a generalisation. isnt the way forward! and surgest next time one of ar cousins starts slatting us as a nation of walk overs and in a round about way pussys they ar reminded of history both ancient and modern and the conduct of ther own afairs!

[ 18. October 2005, 01:40 AM: Message edited by: geffaz ]

Have to say for all it's name calling and bickering etc, this thread has shown how passionate anglers the world over feel about their own repective sport, regardless of whether we agree or not isn't of importantance, it also goes to show how different as well as similar we can be at both one and the same time! It's a funny old game this fishing...... Nite nite!

P.S....I'm still right tho!!! :D:D:D

[ 18. October 2005, 03:12 AM: Message edited by: Scopex ]

"Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

quote:

just dont get the killing thing when photos now adays can show the fish in such a good way alive (lets face it they look better alive) [/QB]

When you're fishing with a short crew and you're catching dangerous (feel the sword whack you when trying to boating one.. it's pretty sharp too!) fish like these, and especially when they run toward and over the 200 lb mark, it's not always as simple as holding up a skate for a picture. You guys may not know how chaotic it get's when you've got a 'green' one boatside! The last thing you're thinking of is taking pictures as all hands on deck are usually needed to boat one safely. If they're green and you'll be releasing it, you don't always have time for that Kodak Moment. As for the ones you do harvest, by the time you throw the gaff in the head and also possibly a second gaff or harpoon dart, they don't tend to live long enough to ask them to 'pose' with us while still alive. And when they are still alive and on the cockpit floor we're usually busy securing the bill for safety and then whacking 'em on the noggin to finish them off. Personally, I have no interest in posing with a live swordfish in my lap. If you'd like to try, come on over and I'll take you out so you can try it. Game? Again, you guys just don't know what this fishing is like and we'd all here really like to open your eyes, and your minds, to the reality of it.

Work is for those who don't know how to fish!

stan4massey:

From scopex: P.S....I'm still right tho!!! [big Grin][big Grin] [big Grin]

Not about the braid you aint

I'm with Stan on this one!

PS- Good morning Stan,

We'll be looking forward to your coming over in Feb. PS- DON'T LET SCOPEX FOLLOW YOU OVER! OHHHH NOOOO!!

Work is for those who don't know how to fish!

BoatsMiami.com Yacht Sales:

When you're fishing with a short crew and you're catching dangerous (feel the sword whack you when trying to boating one.. it's pretty sharp too!) fish like these, and especially when they run toward and over the 200 lb mark, it's not always as simple as holding up a skate for a picture. You guys may not know how chaotic it get's when you've got a 'green' one boatside! The last thing you're thinking of is taking pictures as all hands on deck are usually needed to boat one safely. If they're green and you'll be releasing it, you don't always have time for that Kodak Moment. As for the ones you do harvest, by the time you throw the gaff in the head and also possibly a second gaff or harpoon dart, they don't tend to live long enough to ask them to 'pose' with us while still alive. And when they are still alive and on the cockpit floor we're usually busy securing the bill for safety and then whacking 'em on the noggin to finish them off. Personally, I have no interest in posing with a live swordfish in my lap. If you'd like to try, come on over and I'll take you out so you can try it. Game? Again, you guys just don't know what this fishing is like and we'd all here really like to open your eyes, and your minds, to the reality of it.

I think most of us now appreciate the way things are now (regardless of our individual views of the photos) and have perhaps modified our views somewhat. Personally I would love to come and give it a go sometime - just don't know when I can!

PS We rarely get to 'hold up a Skate'. There are a nasty set of serrated 'pads' in the huge mouth that would mangle a hand if it got too close, and the tail (although not a 'sword'), which has rows of viscious thorns along it's length can cause a serious injury if you get in the way!

[ 18. October 2005, 03:08 PM: Message edited by: jabee ]

"To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, and call whatever you hit the target."