SMARTBaiT

SandTiger

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They keep bringing out these super artifical baits, Are any of them as good as fresh bait?

I remember a few years ago, Sea angler was full of Ultrabite and other bait additives. Does anyone still use them, bacause i found them as much use a chocolate tea pot.

I recon the only thing that comes near a fresh worm bait is the frozen black lug. I had some good success on the flatties with it last year but found you need to change it regular as the scent washed out quicker than with fresh.

www.ssacn.org

www.tagsharks.com

www.onyermarks.co.uk

I've just had a quick look on the Smartbait website where they have a gallery, it would seem their course fishing baits catch better than their sea baits. Think I counted 4 pictures of sea fish out of about 40ish pics, the best being a nice 8lb bass, not a very good ratio, will be interested to hear what they have to say if they reply to your e-mail underwaterimage.

Scotty

[ 11. February 2005, 01:45 PM: Message edited by: Scotty T ]

No Luck This Time..............Roll On Next Time

I did hear of someone catching a cod on a bit of salami :)

I have caught on the green fish strips once or twice when there were a few fish about in clear water - though don't know if the colour attracted the take or the scent?

[ 11. February 2005, 03:40 PM: Message edited by: KennyC ]

• 4 weeks later...