How is it going in Scrabster?

Socksy Squirrel

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes Mike that's the ones. Just hang onto them and we can sort it out for next time or sort something out. Its no surprise the odd rod or bit of gear went astray with having to unload all the gear twice etc.

Big_cod from just a fishing point of view me and Clive could have caught larger/more/better fish in five minutes off the end of Stronsay pier (And I know that would apply double to the rest of them because they are real anglers) but that would be missing the whole point of what was a great weekend. Yes we couldn't go for the big stuff so no Porbeagle, Skate or large Cod etc and although I would have liked to have seen that. To be on a boat with such a bunch of loonies that share my warped sense of humour whilst being towed in by the lifeboat was an experience not to be missed. When I have grandchildren I will be able to say "Yes I was on the first Scrabster weekend".

Getting back home and reading the reports from Alan ( International Rescue News) Taylor was also just great.

Even me and PHT being driven around the harbour on the tailgate (With legs hitting the road) of a "certain 4x4" to see Thurso Anglers boat was memerable.

The trip back was worth it, me and Clive could have found the Stronsay Sea Sports club angling boat sitting on a slip in Kirkwall and if so we will be able to offer "The Stronsay trip" in the near future (Yes we could be joining the CAT owners club)

Bob

PS Lee or any of you, if you ever fancy fishing the "Undiscovered angling island" just get in touch.

Dunnet Head,we nearly got blown off our feet there....

Posted Image

Dunnet, The Four Amigo's :D:D

Posted Image

and last but not least.....ME... :D

Posted Image

I will send all concerned a copy of all the pics, specially our new International Rescue Reporter...... :D

[ 31. January 2005, 10:55 AM: Message edited by: Norrie ]

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

Paul ,Very well done to you..you must be very pleased,I know I would..Pity Cameron wasnt there.....but,and I hope I dont come across as a right bore,but, might be an idea to edit out the beach in the background....before you know it, they will all be gone...Very good to see you again BTW. Had a great weekend.... :D

Theocritis..

OH, And this is the real reason for Davy H going up....checking out his investments were still there after the storms recently.....

Posted Image

Theocritis..

Spanner, what can I say :)except brilliant and please re size. I bet you were so pleased with yourself after going it alone. Well done that man.

Bob, thanks glad you enjoyed the read :)

Nice pics Norrie and Spur-hound, glad to see that Davy is still catching the bait :D

Alan

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

Paul, Not only are you a great angler, But a Maestro on the Keyboard. :rolleyes: ...BTW, How are you going to cook your Bass, and do you have a spare seat at the table please..... :D

Theocritis..

Exellent chaps pleased you all had a good time. Christ what a thread this has been. Can we better it for the next Scrabster event cos I am sure there will be one!

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy