Mumbai prompts this question

Colin Brett

We were asked to go into Northern Ireland by the catholics and then they turned on us, yes there were some misjudgments but again we were put into a difficult situation.

But we created that situation by partitioning Ireland in the first place as a fudged "solution" to the "Irish Question".

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know we have suicide bombers, but IMPO they will become scarce when they find that the attacks are not causing the mayhem desired.

Can you name me a single historical example when terrorists (aka "freedom fighters") have given up the struggle when a sufficient number of them are killed ("martyred")?

But we created that situation by partitioning Ireland in the first place as a fudged "solution" to the "Irish Question".

I would agree but does that make us terrorist because we were asked back to try and resolve the matter?

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

we formed iraq ,we put in puppets ,we armed saddam ,we ignored completely everything he did until he went into kuwait.

it was the brits and france that divided up the middle east putting borders where borders didnt exist and played off tribe against tribe.

there thats the middle east buggered up then just as it all settled down we gave in to terrorists and made a nice shiney new country slap bang in the middle where totaly alien foreigners can live (forget the biblical promises its rubbish) who not only worship a different god they have some mad notion that they are the only humans allowed to live there then alienating any pro brits out there by letting them do it and sell them the means to do it whilst turning a blind eye when they do. "world" sympathy didnt come into it we just rolled over to mass murderers and gave them what they wanted hardly an example to our new terrorist threats :rolleyes:

we did the same in ireland instead of withdrawing (its no use to us) we rolled over and gave in another fine example we like terrorism and follow their wishes.

any sane country would let them get on with it both were as bad as each other

wheres we dont use terrorist methods you can bring terrorism by many forms and by that britain especially is very well versed.

i cannot see though how the falklands come into it though?!

We did make a stand against Sadam that was why he turned to Russia for help. It was Russia that gave him Scuds and taught him how to build them.

We gave way in Israel because of world opinion, I would agree it was 100% incorrect and I state that as a Jew.

Another war we poked our nose into, how come we are not terrorist down there?

Terrorism is the systematic use of terror especially as a means of coercion. Most common definitions of terrorism include only those acts which are intended to create fear (terror), are perpetrated for an ideological goal (as opposed to a lone attack), and deliberately target or disregard the safety of non-combatants.

That is a copy paste but for me it sums up terrorist

eat.gif

Petals Florist

DaveyR - Get off your high horse! What I said was IN MY PERSONAL OPINION. I have no proof (who has?), but if these terrorists find that they are losing good followers without disturbing the country in any major sort of way - they might start thinking of other ways not as damaging (to them AND us)!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

DaveyR - Get off your high horse! What I said was IN MY PERSONAL OPINION.

I sort of assumed that your personal opinion might be based on some past example from history or your personal experience. Silly of me I suppose. :rolleyes:

I would agree but does that make us terrorist because we were asked back to try and resolve the matter?

Not in our (English) eyes, but Irish nationalists would probably say "Yes". In fact, there are parts of Ireland today where mention of Oliver Cromwell's name is likely to land you in trouble (for the massacre at Drogheda). In relation to the mention of Mumming on another thread, Cromwell still appears as a villain in some of the Irish Mummers play texts.

A security presence was requested to try to stop sectarian violence that came to a head in 1968 in the province, the RUC were making a poor show of the job and the Special Bs where guilty of some appaling thuggery and curuption,The introduction of troups to the region created a downward spiral of violence that we all remember.

Soldiers arn't policemen when that is relised a lot of lives on both sides of any opperation will be saved.

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

Not in our (English) eyes, but Irish nationalists would probably say "Yes". In fact, there are parts of Ireland today where mention of Oliver Cromwell's name is likely to land you in trouble (for the massacre at Drogheda). In relation to the mention of Mumming on another thread, Cromwell still appears as a villain in some of the Irish Mummers play texts.

Well all I can say is thank god we don't dig up the past, Oliver Cromwell indeed. What about all those Romans then and then the Norsemen, followed on by everyone and his dog.

There comes a time surely when all sane people look back and say yes it happened but the time has come to forget and look to the furture.

eat.gif

Petals Florist

A security presence was requested to try to stop sectarian violence that came to a head in 1968 in the province, the RUC were making a poor show of the job and the Special Bs where guilty of some appaling thuggery and curuption,The introduction of troups to the region created a downward spiral of violence that we all remember.

Soldiers arn't policemen when that is relised a lot of lives on both sides of any opperation will be saved.

I would have to say policemen are not soldiers but they carry guns as someone found out in Guildford yesterday.

I would also state that due to police failures in Northern Ireland the soldiers where sent in on the request of the Catholic community, surely that does not make us terrorist?

eat.gif

Petals Florist