Mumbai prompts this question

Colin Brett

Greg - relations between our two nations might not have descended to the regrettable depths that they did.

Errrr Davy, I was born in Hunstanton, Norfolk...I travel on a british passport. :secret:

and I'm off again in 3 hours... :bye2::bye2::bye2:

Edited by greg long

IF YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE THE BEST

Don't seek a second opinion.

http://www.anglingireland.info

Fish Paintings

Linocut fishy prints..

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Errrr Davy, I was born in Hunstanton, Norfolk...I travel on a british passport. :secret:

Ah, so you're not a fervent Irish nationalist, then? :D

I would have to say policemen are not soldiers but they carry guns as someone found out in Guildford yesterday.

I would also state that due to police failures in Northern Ireland the soldiers where sent in on the request of the Catholic community, surely that does not make us terrorist?

I have never disputed that piont Ken, I think the use of the word Terrorist to cover any form of Atrocity is often too wide spread,

If you ware the uniform of a state, and you act Illeagaly and Murder steal and terrorise a Civilian comunity you could feesably be charged under international Law with Crimes against humanity,War crimes,Military Law, or Simply law of the land, I dought very Much you would be charged with terrorisum, Thats not to dismiss that State sponserd terrorisum does not exist, Lockerby, and the lybian Embassy outrages show us this.

Is a war of resistance a terrorist Campain ? if so the Marqee were terrorists.

in Rowanda where the Hutu Terrorists,Nationalists, or Just a mob acting with a pack or Tribe mentality In the worst way Imaginable.

To Terrorise is distinctly different to being a Terrorist, A warm furry Army just about to embark on an millitary incursion Isnt going to that effective against an oppersition who isn unsettled, or even scared of them armies are trained to instill terror in thier enemy. the prospect of war is and should and is terrifying this isnt in its self terrorisum though.

and also backs up My statement that Soldiers By and large make crap Policemen you should not in any way fear the police unless you are Law Breaker.

This leads on to another issue under the same banner. is a corrupt Police force a Terrorists organisation? again No they dont fit the right Criteria although May well deploy the same Methods as Domestic terrorists this I feel negates the Black and Tan arguement Vile yes Terrorists no. Is it OK to Terrorise, terrorists? and if so does this make our Civil service and standing army guilty of Terrorisum, seeing as you are opressing or attemptin to oppress a minority group of Terrorists

one of the most exepted veiws of terrorisum is a group or groups of people who for whatever purpose utalise violence and murder to forward a political or religous aim.To apply that set of criteria to a State Isnt impossible for example one of the Aleged goals of the Iraq war was regime change, but It wasnt an act of terrorisum.

If the situation that unfolded in Northen Ireland fourty years ago transpired now Almost half a centry later I would very much dought that troops would have been put to the streets, perversley we had a this type of opperation Running and working well in Malaya and Aden and earlier in East Africa on paper it should have worked in Ulster.the reason It failed was we were acting at odds with our own law against culteraly simmilar poeple,Firstly a chief constable would have been suspended, followed by an indipendant police Investigation..and a total review of police practice would have been undertaken the high leval of Goverment corruption would have lead to rounds of arrests,Also the qaugmire that existed untill the turn of this Centry would have never have existed I think there are people still alive who acted at a high leval on both sides who should be brought to book.

Terrorist is a Much over used,over simplified and inappropriately used word.

Edited by five bellies

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

hopefully if he hates us that much he wont sell us their old crap nuclear missiles for our "upgrade" :D we can then spend the money bailing out (or is that bolstering) another bank :rolleyes:

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Funny lot those Hunstanton folk, I walked there along the beach from Heacham once and got challanged for my passport by the Hunstanton border patrol :o

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

Funny lot those Hunstanton folk, I walked there along the beach from Heacham once and got challanged for my passport by the Hunstanton border patrol :o

Very proud and independent people, those from Norfolk - I understand their unofficial "national anthem" is the Kipper Family's "We're Norfolk and Good". :D

You wont get in here without a visa FB. ;)B)

Edited by Huge_Vitae

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."