Broken Rod help wanted...

littlefeathers

Mr Feathers and I are due to go beach casting on Wednesday/Thursday and I have just remembered my 1st rod eye/ring (cant think what else you call it) has come off my rod.

Could someone advise me please whats the best home method of fixing this as I've no time to take it to the shop. I have sticky electrical tape, soldering iron and solder, sellotape, super glue, paper glue, wood glue, glitter, scissors....... etc etc opps :D can anyone help please.

Mandy.

As a purely temporary repair, I would tape it on with insulating tape.

That will be easy enough to get off, when you want to repair it properly. :)

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

but the glitter would have been nicer :D

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Hiya,

Cranfield:

As a purely temporary repair, I would tape it on with insulating tape.

good advice and if you use a good electrical tape, the temp repair will last for years :)or to you get around to fixing it properly :)

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"

Lil'feathers, stretch the tape as you wind it on and ease off for the last couple of turns.....stops leaks in pipes as well!

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

or get self amalgamating tape and that bodge becomes permanent :)

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Originally posted by Jim Roper:

[QB] Soldering is the only option from what I remember of the break. The tip ring had completely fallen apart, hadn't it?

------------------------------------

Yeah Jim, the tip had come completely off, I managed to stick it on with electrical tape and it lasted our beach casting session of a few hours, mind you with my pathetic casts it could last all year :D

Ooo yeah, and guess what, we never caught anything :D