Fishing In Blackpool

BlackpoolFisher

Hello,

I live in a small village just off blackpool, and have been fishing of the Dartmouth Quay, and Brixham Breakwater in Devon for three years when i am on holiday, i have just bought a new beachcaster, so i can come fishing from home, Can anybody tell me where to fish in blackpool, what tackle/bait to use, and what fish there are to catch, it would be much appreciated, thanks very much,

Andy

hi andy and welcome to AN

i've fished off one of the piers in times past but I'm not sure if that's still allowed.

try off the promenade at high tide fishing near the piers which will provide some fish holding features, or near to rocks which will do the same.

rag worm/lob worm fished on a two hook paternoster rigg should pick up flounder whiting and coalfish.

others will have more idea.

tight lines

[ 26. September 2004, 05:30 PM: Message edited by: phil dean ]

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

can't remember which pier though one of the other guys will tell you if you're patient, the site's busiest during the week when we all log on at work.

worms can be bought from most sea tackle shops, they'll also be able to give you advice on tackle, riggs and location, but talk more frrly once you've spent a few quid with them, there are a couple at least in blackpool and certainly in Fleetwood, have a look in the yellow pages for numbers

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

here's the link for the fylde boat angling club, they do have a shore section run by a mate of mine Steve Ball, i'm sure he can help you

http://www.fbac.co.uk/shore_representative.htm

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the center of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

WalkingPinhead.gif

The father in law has lived there for the past 2 or 3 years, there's plenty of dabs, doggies & whiting off the pier, although you may have to be a member of a local club to make the best use of it. Cod only turned up on a few occasions when there'd been a good blow.

Like Fresh coffee? www.Bean14.com