My 'Outing'

Emma two

A huge simplification of the awnser of support you gave to Den, On face value a not a bad reply If we where discusing Lawn Bowls or Darts, but the origin of the discusion has its roots in Predudicial and Bigoted coments that you supported, What a simple world you must live in when hate filled coments can get compared to a dislike of a sporting activity!

Asian poeple disgust me but that isnt a preducial statement,so does Gymnastics :rolleyes:

I credited you with more inteligence than that!

And as an aside you where quite happy to Use a dictionary style discription to suport your non Homaphobic credentials, but get quite put out when some challanges your use of the word Extinct!

You should understand that a lot of people do not sit down and deeply analyse the reasons behind their likes and dislikes (no matter how intense).

Homosexuality does not feature regularly in my thinking time (about the same amount of time as squash and lawn bowls), I am not obsessed with it, as some appear to be.

My "dictionary style" description of "extinct" came from my own head, not a dictionary.

I just chose to identify my understanding of the meaning of the word I was using.

Never credit people with intelligence, the disappointments will come all too regularly, especially on Internet forums. :)

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The main point I rambled onto is that EVERYBODY displays prejudice and then went onto describe a time when I felt similar, but without any support, at least open support because of the nature of the prejudice.

OK, fairy nuff - it's easy enough to misunderstand intentions when threads get this tangled. Alan's point about not having to hate individuals because you don't happen to like the "group" (or whatever you want to call it) to which they belong is essentially the "hate the sin, love the sinner" dictum. I assumed that it was widely-known, but obviously not. It's usually thought of as a mainly Christian attitude, but Gandhi obviously espoused it too. The reason I mentioned it was that several posters seemed not to understand what Alan was trying to say, but if it's more obscure than I thought (where's The Flying Tench when you need him?), that would explain the metaphorical blank looks.

OK, fairy nuff - it's easy enough to misunderstand intentions when threads get this tangled. Alan's point about not having to hate individuals because you don't happen to like the "group" (or whatever you want to call it) to which they belong is essentially the "hate the sin, love the sinner" dictum. I assumed that it was widely-known,

Nope, obviously not this wide anyway :rolleyes:

It's usually thought of as a mainly Christian attitude

And that's why. ;)

(where's The Flying Tench when you need him?),

He has been around but hasn't posted since late October. It's a shame when you don't get ALL the input possible.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

I said St Augustine, not St Clementine, btw. :P

Blimey, my daughter was just doing her lunchbox, usual choritso (sp? spanish sausage stuff) and salad, Muller RICE (I SAID MULLER RICE DAD, WHY CANT YOU GET IT RIGHT BLAH BLAH BLAH) and two clementines. :rolleyes:

There is a word for that sort of mistake isn't there? :huh:

Edited by Huge_Vitae

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Crikey, is this topic STILL rumbling on?

.......anyone fancy fishing with me in the next few days???? :D

You must be joking, mate - have you *SEEN* the 7 day forecast? In fact, it looks as though it's staying cold right up to Xmas (and then will probably warm up and save the bookies from paying out for a white one).

Which is probably WHY this topic is still rumbling on... :D

You should understand that a lot of people do not sit down and deeply analyse the reasons behind their likes and dislikes (no matter how intense).

Homosexuality does not feature regularly in my thinking time (about the same amount of time as squash and lawn bowls), I am not obsessed with it, as some appear to be.

My "dictionary style" description of "extinct" came from my own head, not a dictionary.

I just chose to identify my understanding of the meaning of the word I was using.

Never credit people with intelligence, the disappointments will come all too regularly, especially on Internet forums. :)

So without analasys your argued pionts are without value as you would have no foundation to base your conclusions on. A dislike like for no reason could well be an irational fear.A fear you claim you dont have.

I Grudgingly liked the last part of your post all the same ;)

Edited by five bellies

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

OK, fairy nuff - it's easy enough to misunderstand intentions when threads get this tangled. Alan's point about not having to hate individuals because you don't happen to like the "group" (or whatever you want to call it) to which they belong is essentially the "hate the sin, love the sinner" dictum. I assumed that it was widely-known, but obviously not. It's usually thought of as a mainly Christian attitude, but Gandhi obviously espoused it too. The reason I mentioned it was that several posters seemed not to understand what Alan was trying to say, but if it's more obscure than I thought (where's The Flying Tench when you need him?), that would explain the metaphorical blank looks.

I suppose it would depend upon the sin or what is regarded as a sin.

My wife smokes but I still love her would fit the the hate the sin , love the sinner.

A man I know commits sodomy ?

A person I know commited murder?

It surely must be how the sin effects you as an individule, I can remember cases where people forgive someone who has murdered a family member. I must admit I would not be able to do that.

If my son was gay I would be disappointed but I could get over it, however if I knew the inner details of that gay relationship I am positive I could not take that onboard.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

It surely must be how the sin effects you as an individule, I can remember cases where people forgive someone who has murdered a family member. I must admit I would not be able to do that.

Neither would I, Ken. I'd best make it clear that I wasn't promoting "loving the sinner whilst hating the sin" as a general principle, just trying to explain what I thought Alan (in his apparent absence) was getting at. No, I'm really more of a "Do what thou wilt, an it harm none" type (Although I'm not a Wiccan or any other variety of pagan, either). I do get a bit revengeful if harm is done to me or mine, though... :D