Can I Sell My Fish

sam-cox

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It does matter if its legal to sell fish as lots of people fish with rod and line then sell their fish.

Stavey, deck hand well I supose I was. there was the skipper and me on a 35 foot gill netter. Crew man was my official post, deck hand implies I was not good at my job.

When foggie the skipper would jump on onother boat to stear while they shook thier netts out. It was my job to get the boat home from 20 miles out in fog, navigating the complex sand bar systems of the Thames Estuary. I dont think the average deck hand would be expected to be able to dothat... Taking fish permanantly off the commercial hit list wont happen, but pushing all commercial fishing 1 ,mile off shore then maybe 3 miles offshore will make a big big difference, as will putting the MLS up.

Sorry was a bit affended by the term deck hand....

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

The new proposed registration of sellers and buyers of first sale fish, would help stop any un lisenced person selling fish, I like this proposal. May be it will give the clarity I was trying to get when I started this post.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

sorry about the deck hand, bad choice of words no offence intended sam, as you can tell from my spelling and lack of punctuation marks, sometimes i cant put what i want to say down right. but hey as long as every one grasps the general meaning thats all that matters i guess. my fault should have not bunked of school so much when i was a kid, it was all those naughty girls that led me astray.

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

Im dislexicaddt so your cool, nice that someone else cant spell. I to bunked school...girls and fishing,,,lost me cherry under a brolly at 13 while me mates were bashing crussian carp.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

put it this way my mates had only a few casts before i was finished with the girl and back on the crusians,,,lol

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Nothing wrong with being a deck hand, I was one on the Boston deep sea trawlers years ago, bleed-in hard work, not to mention bl**dy scary and cold. Everyone has to start somewhere.