Can I Sell My Fish

sam-cox

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say I stated quite clearly SELLING fish, if you give a fish to an elderly neighbour I can see no harm at all.

Bag limits would stop those who would say they were for his or hers use only or I am giving some away.

My wife and I own a small garden centre everything we sell is subject to VAT and tax laws.

By creating a grey area vast numbers of fish are caught by rod and line, part time netsmen and sold on the black market with a total disregard for any form conservation. :mad:

I have to ask myself where am I going wrong, slogging my guts out, paying my taxes and knowing the above goes on. :mad:

Angling is a leisure activity not a commercial enterprise.

:D:D

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

Interesting thread this one. In my opinion I'm all for a recreational angler having the right to keep a few fish for his or someone else's pot. I put nearly all my fish back but just ocassionally I'll take a few decent ones home. I have no time for anyone who would argue that by taking a fish to eat I can't be concerned with conservation.

The topic of 'recreational' anglers selling their catch is different and I agree with much that's been said. If you sell your catch be it 2 Bass or 200 Mackerel then you should be condidered a commercial angler. Money is clearly the only motivation as anyone who'd make a friend pay for a fish they caught should be strung up by the b***s.

what have we got so far ken due to all the boys hard work, Hmmmm recognition of being a stakeholder, a pair trawling ban on bass in the western aproaches although the dolphin bycatch deaths had a lot to do with it, and some might say even steve and co's stour and orwell proposal has brought about increased size limits for bass and nets in their area. taking just these examples because i cant think of anymore, oh sorry a promise of a few seats on the sfc's commitee, what does that tell us? it tells me they are prepared to give a little but not a lot, that wont be enough to try and sell the license on the back of it, angling may be leisure activity but there is a lot of tackle dealers that are frighten to death of a license proposal because they feel it will stop a lot of their customers fishing and put a big dent in their sales, the ones i know that is, and the charter boys i dont think are to happy of the notion.

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

Hi Guys and lasses.

First i don't think anyone said, or is against someone keeping a few fish to eat, but how many fish can one or two people eat in a week, thats assuming you go fishing every week. OK so some will say they only get the chance to go a few times a year and want to load the freezer, IMHO thats a waste of good fish, because after a few weeks in the freezer the fish are no longer fresh, in fact you could buy fresher in the super markets.

I see nothing wrong with taking the odd fish home for a meal, that is if you enjoy the scavengers that have been feeding off the sewage in the sea, or a nice piece of Cod riddled with white worm, it's a free world and we all have our tastes.

What some people on here seem to misunderstand, is if we stick together and preserve our fish stocks for 2-3 years, then fishing will once again be worth the effort, with more fish for sport, and bigger fish for the hungry fish eaters.

If we don't stick together, in 2-3 years time, all you people that like eating fish, will starve to death...lol, because there won't be any more to catch.

That's correct M.P united we can be a force to be reckoned with.

Also we should not judge the future on the past, I can see that a lot of poeple for a number of years have worked very hard with little reward for their efforts.

I am convinced this is because we were looked upon as freeloaders moaning about our lot.

The 100% commercials were paying their due and a lot of them struggling to make a living. Lets be honest about this the SFC are only going to listen to those who earn their living from the sea.

BUT times they are a changing, maybe not the SFC at the moment but I am convinced that those on high have issued directives hence the effort to get as many of us onboard as possible.

I will never say die, I will join this fight and kick a*** up until the day I pop my clogs. :D:D

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

Guys ive been watching this thread, at the end of the day a fish sold with or without a licence is a dead fish. Fish Sold = more dead fish = less fish to catch. Keep what you need for the table, let the rest go, who cares if its legal to sell em or not? Regards Ryan.