Can I Sell My Fish

sam-cox

Ken Davison South Wales:

The licence will bring in laws governing what you can catch and keep, and hopefully will restrict the sale of fish caught by a leisure angler.

The license will bring in enough to buy one Olympic swimming medal!

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote from Spanner

]

I think this is getting ridiculous. Next you'll be saying I need to a commercial license to grow me own veg! [/QB]

The difference with your vegetable garden is you plant the seed and fertilise the land, before harvesting, i.e. sustainable, whereas the sea is take take take.

Apparently the Florida keys enforces a strict restricted bag limit and all boats are checked frequently, with big fines for offenders. I don't see why this couldn't work here.

We are lucky to still have plenty of good fish around here, It does my head in when i see visiting anglers taking home bin bags full of fish to swap for beer at the local.

[ 29. January 2005, 09:08 PM: Message edited by: Disillusioned ]

www.ssacn.org

www.tagsharks.com

www.onyermarks.co.uk

Well said Ian. I will keep a few mackerel and the odd bass I have poppered out,all the rest go back. Leave some for the next generation chaps!

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Bag limits may work, but the surgestion that for an angler to keep fish for the pot or maybe to give to a friend should require a full commercial lisence is stretching it to say the least.

Kent I dont eat fish eyes so my spelling is crap, but I catch loadsa fish mate, aint that all that matters...?

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

quote:

Originally posted by Disillusioned:

The difference with your vegetable garden is you plant the seed and fertilise the land, before harvesting, i.e. sustainable, whereas the sea is take take take.[/QB]

OK, maybe wild mushrooms is better comparison. But then again you probably do need a license for that?

Basically I think a few for your own consumption, or the nice old boy next door, is fine and given that fish should be a part of our diet I think its the best way to do it. Much better for the environment than trawling.

Selling, bartering or trading is a comercial activity and should be licensed, taxed etc. Regardless of whether its with a powered boat, a rowing boat, shore caught, gill-net or rod and line. I think the powers that be should be reviewing all forms of catching fish for their environmental impact and banning teh nastiest. Maybe they could have a staggered system of licences, taxes etc that encourage the eco-friendly methods.

Quote from Spanner.

Selling, bartering or trading is a comercial activity and should be licensed.

This would create a timebomb,just imagine all the side line trading that takes place. Not only with fishing, but,

Car boot sales.

Classified adds.

Antique auctions.

Car sales etc.

All ripping the tax man off...LOL

and we all hate the tax man...

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

M.P

The difference is that at a car boot you are selling something that you own, and paying tax on your income is between you and the taxman.

The bounty of the sea is a shared resource and as such you shouldn't be able to take it for profit unregulated. Right little commie aren't I!