Can I Sell My Fish

sam-cox

stavey:

but leon i am an angler not a fisherman i put my fish back, will i have to pay a charge?

'Angle' is an olde English name meaning a hook.

A netsmen is a fisherman who fishes with a net.

An angler is a fisherman who fishes with an angle (hook).

Tight Lines - leon

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

50p per week is not a high price to pay, and if we get the same shout as the freshwater boys it will be well worth the fifty pence per week.

I am not made of money but I would pay double for a shout on how things are run.

I only go for an occasional tap now days but when I played a bit of golf as a club member it cost me £20 per week before I hit and lost the first ball. :D:D

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

yep ok leon ive had me bit of fun with angler/fisherman/angler even though my dictionary states, angler, one who fishes for sport, cant find angle representing a hook, but il take your word for it. im all for a license beleive it or not, i do see the sence in that, but ken you cant make comparisons with the freshwater fraternity the rules are entirely different, for a start they dont get netsmen emptying their carp pools, if they did i think they would be a little peeved especially paying for it.

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

They did have get netsmen emptying their salmon rivers, and a lot of rivers were well and truely caned for seatrout and brownies. :D

No my only real reason for bring up the freshwater mob was not a direct comparism, but as a way of demonstrating that if you pay a licence fee then you the right to have a say in what is happening.

At the moment we are looked upon as moaning freeloaders. :D:D

eat.gif

Petals Florist

Let's get back on track . .

Keeping some fish for home use . . fine. Giving the odd fish to a mate, I have no problem with that. But come that red letter tide on Caister beach when Cod after Cod are landed. Take some home to eat, pop a couple in the freezer, give one to the younge single mum living next door, great. But to keep silly numbers would be plain stupid.

To sell it I belive in just plain wrong. We Angle for many wonderful reasons but we're not in it for the money, nor should we be.

Andrew Boyd

Sounds reasonable to me.

I have given fish away to family and friends and put the odd few in the freezer from time to time.

The catch of all the shore fishermen in the UK for a year probably does not add up the catch of one trawler in a week.

A license system might just get rid of all the part time hobby gill netters down here,

50p per metre per annum would see them off :)

[ 28. January 2005, 04:04 PM: Message edited by: Socksy Squirrel ]

That's exactly the way I think. :D

I was amazed a few weeks back when the licince issue started to get of the ground.

I was fishing with a chap who had two rods in action value somewhere in the region of £900. He boast a further twelve rods from boat to spinning and saltwater fly, all of top quality with reels to suit almost double fold. He has a security system on his fully lined "shed" to protect his valuables. He takes home everything he catches which is of size.

He created hell at the thought of paying for a licence and the restrictions that may come with it to curb his freedom. I quote "The next bl**dy thing will be bag limits"

The mans a total selfish idiot :mad:

The licence will bring in laws governing what you can catch and keep, and hopefully will restrict the sale of fish caught by a leisure angler.

This will also curtail the activities of the part time netsmen. They can see the writing on the wall, that was painfully evident from this weeks decision.

You will either have to be commercial paying the full licence fee and declaring your earnings to the tax man or a leisure angler who is not allowed to sell fish.

Personally I feel the sooner it happens the better it will be for all concerned. No ifs buts and maybes, but cast in slabs of stone.

eat.gif

Petals Florist

i would go along with bag limits on certain species like cod yting pout flatfish etc, i personaly wont bother because as you know i put all i catch back but the the sportfish eg, mullet and bass these two should be protected at all costs, whats the point in eating these two species anyway, this would also take them off the commercials list, now that incorporated as a rule within the license to start with, would help inrease encouragement for its introduction.

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

This is getting very silly. I cant belive some people are actualy saying they think taking a few fish for the pot or the old lady next door should have a commercial lisence what crap.

Our sport was started with the need for food and although many of us put most fish back I see no problem taking a sencible amount home, as long as its not sold.

The reason I started this post wasnt because I want to Angle for prophit, but was to try and see if any one new the law regarding un lisenced fish sales. Still seems a bit murky.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

I like the idear of bag limits, this would help preserve fish stocks in a no netting enviroment.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!