Can I Sell My Fish

sam-cox

stavey:

i think that if people want to kill and take home fish to eat or sell then they should be made to buy a full commercial license

I think not, we don't have many God given rights in this country, and I am not about to give up any of mine without a fight. I have a right to go down to the sea and take a fish for my tea.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually back yard chicken keeping is not that regulated and heritage varieties of seeds do still exist. It is illegal to sell them in big catalogues but a quick nose around the back of a garden magazine wil reveal plenty of people willing to sell them to you.

As for soapy water on the beans, it is technically illegal but I do not think it would be grounds for prosecution.

Now if you told me to wash the inside of my greenhouse with hot caustic soda and I ended up in casualty you might have questions to answer.

Unless we are saying no to any fish from the Sea being eaten(including the sandeel fed farmed fish)

then I can't see any reason against an angler cutting out the trawler, wholesalesr and retailer and taking home a few fish for his own or freinds consumption. Indeed this would in a small way save some bycatch, packaging fuel etc being wasted. It would be ridiculous to put a fish back and then go and buy some trawled fish on the way home.

The grey area seems to me to be where large quantities of fish are landed in the charter fleet. I don't know enough to be sure if this should be restricted, but even here from an environmental viewpoint the method of capture and distribution seems prefereble to the trawler and national/international supply chain of the supermarket.

i dont like the way the commercials our doing things but if your talking about god given rights etc, then they have the same rights as you, if you are going to force them to change their rights and hang on to yours, its gonna cost you wonga, no doubts about that at all, otherwise you wont have an arguement. not taking out of the resources and not putting in, is a better arguement than, taking out of resouces and not putting in. leon is going to slap my wrists but before he does and quote the 1.3 billion figure created by rsa's etc and i agree, it is only a figure,an estimated one at that, it is not cash and that is what i am refering to, whever it be a license or something else you will have to pay it.

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

Recieved today from a Conservative Party spokesman:

"Finally, I entirely agree with you that those who wish to exploit the nation's resource should pay for that right, which is why we will charge commercial fishermen and recreational fishermen."

Tight Lines - leon

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

I cannot see a problem taking home a couple of fish once in a while to eat or use as bait.

I occasionally GIVE a couple of fish to a dsiabled pensioner, again I do not see a problem providing it is in moderation.

I do however have a problem wrapping my head around SELLING fish,

I fish for fun and what I spend on my hobby or sport is regarded as money well spent for enjoyment and is not a recoverable sum by selling fish.

If you go for a game of golf and spend £40 for the round it is gone, end of story you paid for entertainment.

Bag limits would be the answer, but a bit of self-control would not go amiss either. :D

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

Leon Roskilly:

Recieved today from a Conservative Party spokesman:

"Finally, I entirely agree with you that those who wish to exploit the nation's resource should pay for that right, which is why we will charge commercial fishermen and recreational fishermen."

IMHO the sea does not belong to any one nation, it belongs to all of us. I am damned if I will ever pay a permit to any Whitehall department to fish in the sea. I will stop fishing or just move to France first.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote