Just gatta NEW LCD Tele!

Chris Goddard

How about it??

post-1123-1163719040_thumb.jpg

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about it??

post-1123-1163719040_thumb.jpg

Great set-up !

Stick with the old CRT you won't go far wrong , as the LCD and PLASMA haven't been perfected yet.(re-gassing and pixels dropping out)

I've thought about doing the same as you but her indoors wouldn't let me

It's a brilliant idea though WELL DONE :thumbs::thumbs:

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

I live in a VERY small adapted bungalow. My missus is registered Blind so I got a 32" LCD telly which my missus can see (sort of, just moving shapes). She could see zilch with the old CRT.

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

Just shows everything has a use to someone!!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

I bought a Sony 32 "LCD television just before the World Cup and I can honestly say that it is far superior to the five year old 32" CRT that it replaced. The picture on normal digital or analogue really is better and bigger (virtually a full 32" viewing area as opposed to 29" and a bit ) for the same size screen added to which it is only about a fifth as deep and does not take up half the room or need an engine hoist to move it. But when High definition is on the difference between the two really stands out picture wise.

Edited by ahammond

We have recently been looking for a new TV and we were both VERY disappointed with the LCD's that we looked at, they were fine at 32" but these are far too big for our small lounge, the smaller sizes were awful but I don't know why that should be?

I managed to find a s/h Hitachi 21" widescreen for £30 that a friend was selling due to a move to OZ, this will hopefull see us through until they have perfected the pics on the smaller model LCD's.

Alan.

We have recently been looking for a new TV and we were both VERY disappointed with the LCD's that we looked at, they were fine at 32" but these are far too big for our small lounge, the smaller sizes were awful but I don't know why that should be?

I managed to find a s/h Hitachi 21" widescreen for £30 that a friend was selling due to a move to OZ, this will hopefull see us through until they have perfected the pics on the smaller model LCD's.

Alan.

Ive got a panasonic widescreen LCD it think its 22 or 23", great picture and sits on top of a cupbard hardly taking up any room. The TV is no longer the focal point of the room................hurray!!

Dan

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com

Ive got a panasonic widescreen LCD it think its 22 or 23", great picture and sits on top of a cupbard hardly taking up any room. The TV is no longer the focal point of the room................hurray!!

Dan

It could well be the feed that they are using but it's odd that all the smaller screens seem to have blocky pics and when seen next to a normal screen, even 14" portables!! they were awful, the larger screens are never sited near normal tv's so it's very difficult to compare but the pics do seem very clear.

For the amount of tv that we watch, probably an hour per night if at all I am not too bothered about spending loads of dosh on something that gets little use but I suppose in time I will have no option but to upgrade to a LCD :headhurt:

Alan.

Our 12yr old telly looks due to expire soon, and so we have been looking at 26" Digital LCD sets. I must say the ones we looked at made the CRT sets look silly. Sadly £600 is a big old outlay! :(

Our 12yr old telly looks due to expire soon, and so we have been looking at 26" Digital LCD sets. I must say the ones we looked at made the CRT sets look silly. Sadly £600 is a big old outlay! :(

Check out ebuyer.com, I was told yesterday that they have got a very nice 32" LCD tv for £399!! and it has a pc socket which is unbelieveable at this price and the reviews of people that have bought the set are very good, it must be worth considering at this amazingly low price!

Alan.