Article 47

Snatcher

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting article, which is a guide to EU thinking:

http://www.afloat.ie/news/no-quota-on-recreational-anglers/

EU seems to be focusing on fisheries where the RSA take stacks up signifcantly against TAC limits. Borg mentions "the Cod fishery in the Baltic where recreational fisherman take the equivalent of 50 % of the German national Cod quota."

With RSA 2008 Cod take in my ICES area a multiple of the areas TAC i 'm guessing cod RSAs arent home and dry just yet despite what Borg said 4 days later

• 1 month later...

The Control Regulation (which article 47 is but a small part) is coming in for criticism from the commercials.

See: http://www.fishnewseu.com/latest-news/uk/9...a-travesty.html

(Some of this could also apply to 'recreational fishing vessels', ie satellite monitoring and maintaining 6 knots when passing through a Marine Protected Area)

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

"We're not suggesting that Mr Smith has to report when he goes out on his fishing boat on the beach and catches two cod."

Eh? I wonder if we could press for an English translation of that sentence? Or maybe they stick wheels on their boats abroad and use them as some kind of beach-bivvy :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

That's what I thought when I read it Elton.

As usual the ones making the decisions really haven't an f'ing clue what they are talking about. They have been clever by dividing the shore anglers and the boat anglers. I just hope enough of us realise that its the boat angler today, the kayak anglers next week, the shore anglers in a months time and the Warberton boys around next Christmas.

Any news on a statement from the angling trust ?