Time to kick sea fishing out of the Angling Trust

Elton

I got kicked off when I suggested that Greg Whitehead was a w4nker.......I didn't ask to be re-instated. After all, Greg Whitehead is a W4nker!

Found my address yet Greg?.......you w4nker!

My thought was ‘Keep your friends close, Keep the enemy closer’ besides like him or loath him one thing Leon is good at is keeping folk informed might be a tad one sided but often very usefull.

Publication2_zpsthmtka6c.jpg

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KA's views on a Sea Angling Licence are nothing new - http://holderness-coast-fishing.co.uk/alan...ry-rod-licence/ - Nor is his support for the AT.

What I did find amusing and probably more worrying for the AT is the potential revenue that would be lost to them if they were to actually publicly boot out Sea Anglers. Nice option to get rid of the dirty relation but not so good when going for funding as a 'national angling body'.

Ron, thanks for the link on the ironically named "Save Our Sea Records Campaign" Almost as amusing as AT proposing to collect fishing licence revenue in place of the EA - http://www.gofishing.co.uk/Angling-Times/S...nteer-policing/

Now, did I tell you about that 20lb Weaver Fish, I have a photo somewhere...

Correct, ST.

However, look more closely at Arthur's wording surrounding the AT and a sea angling licence.

It has recently been quoted - and possibly misquoted, as I never got to the real bottom of it - as saying that it will campaign AGAINST a rod licence for sea fishing.

Does it not strike you as rather odd that a man who holds such an privileged position (Ambassador) at the Angling Trust, should have trouble getting to the "real bottom" of an AT quote suggesting that it will campaign against a rod licence for sea anglers? I am assuming that, as a journalist, he does endeavour to fully research the subject matter dragged into his articles by making a few calls, sending some emails etc.

Seems that he even considers the possibility that the quote was in-fact a misquote.

My thought was ‘Keep your friends close, Keep the enemy closer’ besides like him or loath him one thing Leon is good at is keeping folk informed might be a tad one sided but often very usefull.

If Leon knew how many people had e-mailed me with messages of support regarding Greg Whitehead (W4nker) then perhaps I wouldn't have been kicked off......then again perhaps that wasn't why I was kicked off?

After all, the idea of Leon's mail listing is to keep anglers aware of any relevant, current situations. Surely that should include all anglers and not just those with a "voice". I have no affiliations, I'm just an angler that wants to keep angling. If there is information about potential good/bad impacts on angling then surely all anglers should be made aware of it. Especially if the infrastructure is there to deliver it for free.

To be honest, I have learnt more off this forum (and linked material) than I would ever have learnt from being a member of any society/club/association etc.!!

Speaks volumes eh?

Edited by Worms

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

I got kicked off when I suggested that Greg Whitehead was a w4nker.......I didn't ask to be re-instated. After all, Greg Whitehead is a W4nker!

Found my address yet Greg?.......you w4nker!

I take it my newest best friend on there then 'ALLROUNDERGREG' is actually Greg Whitehead?

http://www.gofishing.co.uk/HomePage2/fishi...p;start-page=50

Edited by Ronessex

I take it my newest best friend on there then 'ALLROUNDERGREG' is actually Greg Whitehead?

http://www.gofishing.co.uk/HomePage2/fishi...p;start-page=50

Not sure on that one mate, he usually signs himself as Greg W4nker Whitehead. Allroundergreg seems to be a genuine angler..........mind you, we've had our disagreements (usually involving native wildlife and carp)!

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Correct, ST.

However, look more closely at Arthur's wording surrounding the AT and a sea angling licence.

"It has recently been quoted - and possibly misquoted, as I never got to the real bottom of it - as saying that it will campaign AGAINST a rod licence for sea fishing."

Does it not strike you as rather odd that a man who holds such an privileged position (Ambassador) at the Angling Trust, should have trouble getting to the "real bottom" of an AT quote suggesting that it will campaign against a rod licence for sea anglers? I am assuming that, as a journalist, he does endeavour to fully research the subject matter dragged into his articles by making a few calls, sending some emails etc.

Seems that he even considers the possibility that the quote was in-fact a misquote.

Wrestled over that quote for a few minutes and came to the conclusion the he had pushed the SEND button before waiting for the bottle of Scotch to wear off the next morning. Never a good idea :rolleyes:

Wrestled over that quote for a few minutes and came to the conclusion the he had pushed the SEND button before waiting for the bottle of Scotch to wear off the next morning. Never a good idea :rolleyes:

Is it just my imagination, or has part of the article been removed since it was first published?

I could have sworn that there was a paragraph, something along the lines of 'putting it to the vote amongst the membership'.

You're pretty clued up with all things webby, ST. Is there some sort of cache that people could check?

Just managed to wade through all the ebay ads for new socks and found the post button. I dont know Greg Whitehead or Keith Arthur (Isnt he the singer in the furys ?) So I cant tell you if they are merchant bankers or not, but I can vouch for Leon Roskilly being the biggest one in the sea angling world. Im with Steve on this one, Sea Angling needs to boot The Angling Trust into touch and the sooner the better.

Oh, and a merry Christmas to you all.

Is it just my imagination, or has part of the article been removed since it was first published?

I could have sworn that there was a paragraph, something along the lines of 'putting it to the vote amongst the membership'.

You're pretty clued up with all things webby, ST. Is there some sort of cache that people could check?

If google crawled it on the right day you could get it through their cache. Theres also another way that Im gonna look for.