Prowler 13 How much water in hull

***oLLy***

How much water in hull is normal I usually end up with at a guess about 2 pints checked for faults in moulding but seems ok i have noticed a few drops in small round hatch.wife has same yak so will be able to compare next time out. Also to P13 owners how many fixings in your handles mine has 2 but wifes has 4.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds a lot of water unless you have been surfing ?

If not, somethings wrong :( .

Have you taken the rope handles off, and checked the moulding underneath? (a problem I had with an OK Frenzy)

We need some kind of valve, that can be put in the drain hole and used to pressure up the yak: good old soapy water would do the rest. Ideas anyone?

Help predict climate change!

http://climateprediction.net

Olly, I don't know how much water should be in the bottom of a boat, but I think someone might be a tad upset with you using his avatar....

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

I would suggest you check the external fittings. There should be virtually NO water in the hull. I have not had any ingress at all on my Prowler 13. Water in the small screw down hatch is certainly strange, clean the thread in case there was some grit on it allowing water past it.

More info neededon the type of water conditions you encountered this.

Simon.

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

Olly,

Put the old girl on some stands and fill her up with some water, enough to cover the joints around the scuppers, check your scupper holes, I've just read about a similar incident in the states, his were leaking below the waterline, due to a bad joint.

Also like Simon says check all the external fittings, a lot of mine were loose on my Prowler 13.

When I fitted the hatch to the Caper I did cover the screws and holes with silicone.

Also check the straps on your hatch are they tight, or can the hatch lift slightly.

The side handles have 2, I don't like the way they twist.

Hope this all helps to fix your problem.

SM

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

John who's Avatar???

Simon only been on windermere, not on water all day but in and out, i remember reading somwhere that if you are on the large size it could distort centre hatch.(im not saying im a bloater though.Ok not far off)

Marvin ill get some stands an do what you suggest the handles the wifes has 4 per handle so it cant twist much better.

an avatar is the little picture you've put next to your name, and the one you're using belongs to someone else, so maybe u better change it

Can some1 please tell me how to add an avatar???

I have looked on my profile tab but can't find anything to do with avatars.

Thanks

zzippy2.gif

***oLLy***

A user Kendo has been using that avatar for a good while now. May have even been loaded specifically for him at his request.

Problem is, the forum does not offer any way to know which of the available avatar pictures is in use. Wish it did but the software simply can't do it.

Might I offer to put any of these (or any other you fancy) into the avatar section for you. None of these is loaded right now.

an-babies.jpg

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President