• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#1 ***oLLy***

***oLLy***

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 13 May 2005 - 04:06 AM

How much water in hull is normal I usually end up with at a guess about 2 pints checked for faults in moulding but seems ok i have noticed a few drops in small round hatch.wife has same yak so will be able to compare next time out. Also to P13 owners how many fixings in your handles mine has 2 but wifes has 4.

#2 Jaffa

Jaffa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,172 posts

Posted 13 May 2005 - 05:01 AM

Sounds a lot of water unless you have been surfing ?

If not, somethings wrong :( .

Have you taken the rope handles off, and checked the moulding underneath? (a problem I had with an OK Frenzy)

We need some kind of valve, that can be put in the drain hole and used to pressure up the yak: good old soapy water would do the rest. Ideas anyone?
Help predict climate change!
http://climateprediction.net

#3 John S

John S

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,738 posts
  • Interests:Eating cage birds and missing out commas.

Posted 13 May 2005 - 06:26 AM

Olly, I don't know how much water should be in the bottom of a boat, but I think someone might be a tad upset with you using his avatar....

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak,  Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

Eyes4sml.jpg

#4 Simon Everett

Simon Everett

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts
  • Interests:Fly fishing and lure fishing

Posted 13 May 2005 - 05:52 PM

I would suggest you check the external fittings. There should be virtually NO water in the hull. I have not had any ingress at all on my Prowler 13. Water in the small screw down hatch is certainly strange, clean the thread in case there was some grit on it allowing water past it.

More info neededon the type of water conditions you encountered this.
Simon.
Simon Everett
Staffordshire.
Fishing kayaks:
White& Orange Dorado
Olive Scupper Pro
Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks
Red White Skua
White & Orange Duo

#5 Starvinmarvin

Starvinmarvin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,152 posts
  • Interests:Kayak and Saltwater Fly Fishing

Posted 13 May 2005 - 06:18 PM

Olly,

Put the old girl on some stands and fill her up with some water, enough to cover the joints around the scuppers, check your scupper holes, I've just read about a similar incident in the states, his were leaking below the waterline, due to a bad joint.

Also like Simon says check all the external fittings, a lot of mine were loose on my Prowler 13.

When I fitted the hatch to the Caper I did cover the screws and holes with silicone.

Also check the straps on your hatch are they tight, or can the hatch lift slightly.

The side handles have 2, I don't like the way they twist.

Hope this all helps to fix your problem.

SM
http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)
Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro
Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)
Ocean Kayak Trident 15
Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)
Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

#6 ***oLLy***

***oLLy***

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 13 May 2005 - 09:55 PM

John who's Avatar???

Simon only been on windermere, not on water all day but in and out, i remember reading somwhere that if you are on the large size it could distort centre hatch.(im not saying im a bloater though.Ok not far off)

Marvin ill get some stands an do what you suggest the handles the wifes has 4 per handle so it cant twist much better.

#7 jeepster

jeepster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,328 posts
  • Interests:Cooking, cooking, fishing and cooking. Oh and a bit of boozing too.

Posted 13 May 2005 - 10:08 PM

an avatar is the little picture you've put next to your name, and the one you're using belongs to someone else, so maybe u better change it

#8 Zzippy

Zzippy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts
  • Interests:Kayak fishing,scuba diving,sea fishing(shore)

Posted 13 May 2005 - 10:21 PM

Can some1 please tell me how to add an avatar???
I have looked on my profile tab but can't find anything to do with avatars.
Thanks

#9 Newt

Newt

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,148 posts
  • Interests:fishing, duplicate bridge, fishing, RV (caravan) travel to where there is fishing

Posted 13 May 2005 - 10:22 PM

***oLLy***

A user Kendo has been using that avatar for a good while now. May have even been loaded specifically for him at his request.

Problem is, the forum does not offer any way to know which of the available avatar pictures is in use. Wish it did but the software simply can't do it.

Might I offer to put any of these (or any other you fancy) into the avatar section for you. None of these is loaded right now.

Posted Image
" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

#10 SpeciMan

SpeciMan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,006 posts

Posted 13 May 2005 - 10:31 PM

Newt do you know if I'm using someones elses avatar?

Have you seen her around before? :D
Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow