Stronsay trip July 2006

Guest NickInTheNorth

Had a chat to Mike, Brian and Clive yesterday (Big Tony, all 24st of him is down South at the moment but he is always up for some fun). By next July we expect to have another 18ft boat or two in the water so could carry up to 20 anglers without the need to charter creel boats.

If we don't need to charter a creel boat then a small contribution to any fuel used on the private boats would be appreciated.

The rates at the Hostel aren't to bad, there are also a couple of B&B's and we can cope with any overspill.

For some of you with a bit more time on your hands maybe doing what Tuggs suggests would be a good idea.

Just make sure one of you is a good caster who can do a few hours teaching.

Whoever decides to make the trip we will make sure you have a good time but if you are coming up from South be aware, you can't get Bitter with Hops in it up here, so bring some with you with a few pints spare for me (No don't bother I will do a couple of kegs of home brew. Don't panic I am good at it). Norrie can you get a supply of Doner Kebab meat? If anyone is making the trip from London a good supply of pies from a Pie and Mash shop would be a welcome addition.

I thought Jeepster was related to Roy Woods?

Looking forward to seeing you all on Stronsay next year, I will start the home brew about March.

For any of you who aren't to sure about Stronsay, have a look at the following web site:

http://www.stronsay.co.uk

And also see the link to the Sea Sports Club and our fishing page. I will update this with some fresh reports and pictures over the coming weeks.

Bob

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am deffinately interested and would also like to call into Scabster to meet Tiggs And Tuggs. I would also like to try off the beach at Scabster.

If we can firm up on dates etc it would give us something to put in the diary.

Nice idea Nick :D

A bad days fishing is better than a good day at the office. Tight lines all.

Sounds like it could be fun, but I have a wedding booked for the second weekend already and the way next year is going the first weekend will prob get booked up soon too, keep the thread going as I would have to see closer to the time.

I've been to Scrabster... and I want to go back!!!

Well done Shaun, I will see if I can find any young local lasses to look after you ;-)

Seeing as Stronsay is just about as awkward place to get to in this country short of the island North Ronaldsay (Just a bit North of us but still in Orkney). I think you could call this an EXTREME fishing expedition.

A couple of years ago I tried to persuade Henry Gilbey to come up here and make a new series called "Fishing beyond the Edge". He said he would love to but needed a guarantee of fish to make worth his while. At the time we were still learning our way around so couldn't do this. Maybe I should go back to him and tell him about this trip and see if he wants to cover it for Sea Angler?

Bob

Sounds good Bob, id more than likely be up for it.

"Colonel Gadaffi, knows more about fishing than the whole of westminster put together"

Alex Salmond 2004 SNP Leader

"Forza Dons"

Guest NickInTheNorth

Hi Bob

I'm pretty certain that one or two AN regulars are fishing with Mr Gilbey later this year, we may be able to get them to twist his arm.

Tell him they are celeb mad up here, the last one who made it up to Stronsay was Keith Floyd back in the eighties, as some of you know Mr Floyd likes a drink and all I can say is they drank him under the table and then some.

Don't tell Henry about the drink though, I believe he dosn't drink at all.

Bob

This is one I wouldn't miss :)

I'll be up before then anyway (work)

Dave

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

hmm how many brownie points will i need to return to orkney? only previous visit 1988 before i met my wife

Andrew

member of Save our Sharks

SOS

SACN member

it's the taking part that counts!

@==---¬--¬--¬------<(')))>< angling classics