Do You Think Jerermy Hunt Will Get The Sack

big_cod

Well here we our health secretary doing his union bashing thing but i think it all could backfire on him doctors are furious with him its all a slow way to privatize the NHS i think the goverment could pay a hugh penalty over the way it has handled this crisis these people work bloody hard long hours very unsociable hours and a lot of unpaid hours they deserve to be well paid i think hunt has misjudged the feeling of workers in the NHS to me its very sad day that doctors have had to take this sort of action but they have been left little choice and it aint over yet ,

http://news.sky.com/story/1640163/hunt-under-pressure-over-junior-doctors

paul.

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

I am certainly no fan of this govt but I can't see why these doctors are moaning about?

All public emergency services work weekends so why do they feel exempt?

I can tell you why some are and that is it screws up their private sector operations which they do on the side of the NHS

I know they work hard but i have no sympathy for them over this one

There is not one thing different between ideology and religeon

I am certainly no fan of this govt but I can't see why these doctors are moaning about?

All public emergency services work weekends so why do they feel exempt?

I can tell you why some are and that is it screws up their private sector operations which they do on the side of the NHS

I know they work hard but i have no sympathy for them over this one

I got a funny idea that student doctors don't do many "private sector operations". If the public sector was good enough there would be no market for a private sector to operate in would there?

• Like 1

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Well here we our health secretary doing his union bashing thing but i think it all could backfire on him doctors are furious with him its all a slow way to privatize the NHS i think the goverment could pay a hugh penalty over the way it has handled this crisis these people work bloody hard long hours very unsociable hours and a lot of unpaid hours they deserve to be well paid i think hunt has misjudged the feeling of workers in the NHS to me its very sad day that doctors have had to take this sort of action but they have been left little choice and it aint over yet ,

http://news.sky.com/story/1640163/hunt-under-pressure-over-junior-doctors

paul.

So are you happy with the status quo, where you are more likely do die if taken into casualty at the weekend rather than on a weekday?

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

"The letter prompted Mr Hunt to announce in Parliament that, in order to end the "uncertainty", he would introduce the new contract to force junior doctors to work Saturdays between 7am and 5pm for normal pay."

A question - what is the usual hourly pay practice for workers other than junior doctors during that time? Is it the same as day shift pay during the Monday-Friday work week or is it normally a bonus situation?

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

"The letter prompted Mr Hunt to announce in Parliament that, in order to end the "uncertainty", he would introduce the new contract to force junior doctors to work Saturdays between 7am and 5pm for normal pay."

A question - what is the usual hourly pay practice for workers other than junior doctors during that time? Is it the same as day shift pay during the Monday-Friday work week or is it normally a bonus situation?

Depends on whom one works for Newt anything from bugger all to double time for a Saturday.

Edited by corydoras

I know a young Junior Doctor who has not had a single day off in 10 days working 16 hours per day on average, she is on rota for this weekend and her first day off will be Monday. She works in A&E.

This young Doctor looks like death and makes life or death decisions with every patient she sees however tired she is.

Given that in the UK a football player can earn hundreds of thousands of pounds per week for kicking a sack between 2 sticks why do we not give our Doctors what they want, good wages and fair working practices.

In Australia and New Zealand Doctors are treated better and many UK trained Doctors go there.

Instead of spending £3 billion to build a single weapon to kill spend £3 billion fixing a broken NHS service and instead of having hundreds of managers sucking from the tit go back to the systems that work. Might help make Hospitals safer for patients with regard to MRSA and other superbugs.

Tories want to kill the NHS and Labour were incompetent in their management of it, the NHS should be ring-fenced from meddling Politicians and members of staff should be treated like royalty. In my opinion they deserve nothing less.

When your 4 month old child with meningitis relies on these Doctors, as mine did, will the Doctors really be fit enough to treat effectively if they are exhausted??

Jeremy Hunt should hang his head his shame, he is saying " I am right and you are wrong." Even though the number of those he declares as wrong is in the thousands.

• Like 1

I know a young Junior Doctor who has not had a single day off in 10 days working 16 hours per day on average, she is on rota for this weekend and her first day off will be Monday. She works in A&E.

This young Doctor looks like death and makes life or death decisions with every patient she sees however tired she is.

Given that in the UK a football player can earn hundreds of thousands of pounds per week for kicking a sack between 2 sticks why do we not give our Doctors what they want, good wages and fair working practices.

In Australia and New Zealand Doctors are treated better and many UK trained Doctors go there.

Instead of spending £3 billion to build a single weapon to kill spend £3 billion fixing a broken NHS service and instead of having hundreds of managers sucking from the tit go back to the systems that work. Might help make Hospitals safer for patients with regard to MRSA and other superbugs.

Tories want to kill the NHS and Labour were incompetent in their management of it, the NHS should be ring-fenced from meddling Politicians and members of staff should be treated like royalty. In my opinion they deserve nothing less.

When your 4 month old child with meningitis relies on these Doctors, as mine did, will the Doctors really be fit enough to treat effectively if they are exhausted??

Jeremy Hunt should hang his head his shame, he is saying " I am right and you are wrong." Even though the number of those he declares as wrong is in the thousands.

I agree with you mate. I blame the half wits that will pay extortionat amounts of money to go to watch football, or even worse those that pay Rupert Murdoch a fortune to watch it on Sky Sports.

Having said that we have ouselves to blame too. In Sweden the spend around 64% of GDP on Public Services and I don't think we'll ever see that here. People want the service, but they don't want to put their hands in their pockets to pay for it.

• Like 2

People want the service, but they don't want to put their hands in their pockets to pay for it.

Mostly they seem to want to put their hands in your pocket to pay for it. That seems to be the way it works over here too.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Mostly they seem to want to put their hands in your pocket to pay for it. That seems to be the way it works over here too.

I'm talking about Public Services Newt. EVERYONE has to pay for it.