Passport

Andrew

Bloody hell what a farce.

Applied to renew my passport on line. Filled the relevant boxes with information they require

I need a new image.

Took one with my mobile telephone.

No good after uploading it, to dark, can see shadows. Please take another one making sure your mouth is closed, your not in any shadow, you have plenty of natural light

Took a new one with my digi camera, hey presto fine. Now comes the last bit of the online forms. Sorry you cannot use this service you need to use this service ! WTF.

A fee of £72.25 or go to the PO and pay £82.50

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Luckily i wont need one again,we always used to use the temp ones for france after my real one expired ,the problem is now more and more government depts are demanding photo ducuments as proof (of what? real clever forging of everything needed to get it) i have none ,no passport and no driving licence (it was a paper one anyway before it was taken away under health problems) i doubt my bailiffs card will have much clout and not sure when i get my bus pass next year it will count either?

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Luckily i wont need one again,we always used to use the temp ones for france after my real one expired ,the problem is now more and more government depts are demanding photo ducuments as proof (of what? real clever forging of everything needed to get it) i have none ,no passport and no driving licence (it was a paper one anyway before it was taken away under health problems) i doubt my bailiffs card will have much clout and not sure when i get my bus pass next year it will count either?

Which is a good argument for having ID card scheme like most other countries.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

The ID card scheme has been raised here in the past.

Lots of folk against it, I don't know why.

The government will already have a huge file on you if you have worked ( tax ) or been on unemployment benefits

or claimed any sort of government allowance. Car rego's and licenses will all be filed somewhere.

the passport system will be fazed out in the near future if this goes ahead.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-01-22/passport-facial-recognition-fingerprints-border-protection/8201708

Edited by Clifftop
  • Like 1

my mind not only wanders-- sometimes it leaves completely.

Updated 7/3/09

http://sites.google.com/site/pomfred/

The ID card scheme has been raised here in the past.

Lots of folk against it, I don't know why.

The government will already have a huge file on you if you have worked ( tax ) or been on unemployment benefits

or claimed any sort of government allowance. Car rego's and licenses will all be filed somewhere.

the passport system will be fazed out in the near future if this goes ahead.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-01-22/passport-facial-recognition-fingerprints-border-protection/8201708

:fishing1: Only those with something to hide or support illegal immigration would be against it. :clap3:

Which is a good argument for having ID card scheme like most other countries.

like before just what unforgeable ID can you provide to get the ID card ?

if you were chipped or bar coded at birth it would not prove who you are because of-course your parents may not be your parents and forge their ID to hide your details

then we have no control over anyone corruptly dishing out ID cards from within the system as happens to often with passports and you can make fake Utility bills in an instance (careful its the paper that gives the brighter examiner the clues)

and we have 3 times more NINO cards than workers even the gov don't except them as proof LOL

i have no problem with ID cards but only the honest will suffer ,the crooks will be first in line to get theirs unless they are themselves unforgeable and is the ID needed to get them ,at the moment none are so the very thing your trying to stop will carry on so its pointless having one IMHO

its called having all your eggs in one basket and as ludicrous as the voting system where you can just tell someone your address and vote no proof of who you are needed at all how would you prove beyond doubt you are you the instant before the face recognition software excepts your data?

cant send you a PM ,first the damn message thing refuses to paste my link or my text and i am to lazy to type it all out and i cannot fathom out how to attach a photo and i have a problem using dropbox because my links appear to not be secure you can go backwards in the url and see the folders?!

Its true the gov has a huge data base on every individual and again its puting all its eggs in one basket i bet and it will either sell it to any 'interested third party' or it will get stolen making it all worthless to collect

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

like before just what unforgeable ID can you provide to get the ID card ?

if you were chipped or bar coded at birth it would not prove who you are because of-course your parents may not be your parents and forge their ID to hide your details

then we have no control over anyone corruptly dishing out ID cards from within the system as happens to often with passports and you can make fake Utility bills in an instance (careful its the paper that gives the brighter examiner the clues)

and we have 3 times more NINO cards than workers even the gov don't except them as proof LOL

i have no problem with ID cards but only the honest will suffer ,the crooks will be first in line to get theirs unless they are themselves unforgeable and is the ID needed to get them ,at the moment none are so the very thing your trying to stop will carry on so its pointless having one IMHO

its called having all your eggs in one basket and as ludicrous as the voting system where you can just tell someone your address and vote no proof of who you are needed at all

cant send you a PM ,first the damn message thing refuses to paste my link or my text and i am to lazy to type it all out and i cannot fathom out how to attach a photo and i have a problem using dropbox because my links appear to not be secure you can go backwards in the url and see the folders?!

LOL. Every noww and again you do this. You come out with these rdiculous circular arguments. You should have been a fundie Christain apologist. ;-)

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

Ok how do YOU prove without doupt you are you?

If all the proof you needed to go anywhere or get anything was an ID card then your putting all your eggs in one basket and open to exploitation .

It doesnt matter if the card itself is unforgeable (very unlikely as it will be made by a human on a machine) the human can be corrupted and i doubt the machine will be the only one in existance.

ANYTHING needed as proof to GET the ID card can be forged so its not as secure as they will tell you.

Even starting at birth ,you can dna register the child ,take scans of its iris ,fingerprint till the sun goes down but still you will not know who it is as the parents can simply hand over this insecure forgeable ID card telling us who THEY are and away you go little fred is now little albert and excepted as the real thing.

Passports are no longer safe the forgeries fool all but the hardest interogation by experts and more and more are real passports made in the passport office by criminals on the take so undetectable

Saying an ID card is an ID card is a lie it will all come come crashing down the second a forged one is revealed and they will be as common as nino cards

If some syrian criminal can get through customs telling them his paperwork is forged then a bit of plastic wont make it harder

Edited by chesters1

Chesters you arguiment is riddled with logical fallacies. I can't even count them all. I have neither the time nor the inclination.