5 replies to this topic

#1 The Flying Tench

The Flying Tench

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,252 posts
  • Interests:general coarse fishing

Posted 31 July 2018 - 08:30 PM

I've never used a trolley till now, because I fish fairly light. Fishing bag slung over the shoulder, carrier bag with just one bag of groundbait , chair, net, unhooking mat, couple of rods. But my lower back pain has got worse, and even walking a few hundred yards with the above is problematic. So I'm hoping a lightweight trolley might help.

But I think they are mostly designed for someone taking more stuff than me. Can anyone who uses a trolley give any general advice or even recommend a trolley?

john clarke

#2 chesters1

chesters1

AN Resident Contrarian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,476 posts
  • Interests:fishing,fossils,researching intrepid reels and general being naughty

Posted 31 July 2018 - 09:46 PM

If the land you traverse is bumpy or sloping avoid the cheap folding ones ,the times i have almost broken my wrist with the damn things falling over isnt worth the effort.
I have seen golf trolleys being used they are just as narrow but seem more stable as they are longer.
Having bought my falling over trolley in the 70?'s i cannot remark on new ones as it hasnt worn out yet
A chap down the pond has a fine one! Its stable 4 wheeled but hardly light! Overkill for us light travellers unless your camping for a week

I remember my efgeeko carry all rod bag !!! It certainly did

Edited by chesters1, 31 July 2018 - 09:49 PM.

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness  it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

#3 Martin56

Martin56

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 918 posts
  • Interests:Fishing, Horse Racing, Guitar.

Posted 01 August 2018 - 08:54 PM

This one's very like mine - Bargain, only £30 from Outdoor Value & wheelbase wide enough for decent stability.Handles slopes as long as you don't go too mad - (just go more up & down or at an angle rather than straight across slopes & It'll be fine!!)

https://www.googlead...Q9aACCDA&adurl=

Trust me!! I'm a Trolley user   :punk:

Edited by Martin56, 01 August 2018 - 09:45 PM.

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

#4 The Flying Tench

The Flying Tench

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,252 posts
  • Interests:general coarse fishing

Posted 02 August 2018 - 06:52 PM

Thanks, both of you. But something that puzzles me is that the base of the trolley consists of a hole that my small fishing bags would fall through. I guess I could fix wires across, but I can't understand the design.

john clarke

#5 wotnobivvy

wotnobivvy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts
  • Interests:Fishing, Genealogy, die cast models, Millwall FC, 00 gauge model railways

Posted 02 August 2018 - 08:58 PM

The design is for one of the large tackle boxes. You could try attaching a length of plywood to cover across the base
The two best times to go fishing are when it's raining and when it's not

#6 gozzer

gozzer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,696 posts

Posted 03 August 2018 - 10:19 AM

The design is for one of the large tackle boxes. You could try attaching a length of plywood to cover across the base

The design is such that if you did attach plywood or similar to the base, it could be used as a seat with a backrest, on suitable ground.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John