Mullet Watch 2004

Chippy

quote:

Originally posted by Phil the Fish:

Leon - are you doing a novice medway fishin-in this year, and if so have you a date in mind????

If I can wangle things I may be able to come down over may / june on the odd wednesday if your at a loose end - in between all the jobs your dear lady wife now has you doing in your lazy retirement days ... :D

Phil [/QB]

Hi Phil (and everyone else)

Yes, this years Virgin's Fish in will be the usual venue - Sun Pier Chatham, meeting at 10am on Sunday May 23rd.

The idea of this first Medway Mullet Group fish-in of the year is to introduce beginners to the tackle and techniques of Medway mullet fishing shortly before the real action starts, though last year Dave Harden lost his virginity straight away with a 6.75lbs fish!

Anyone who wants to come along is welcome, though I'd appreciate an email to say that you are coming.

As I'm often told usually happens, I'm finding myself busier 'in retirement' than I ever was when I was getting paid, but if anyone fancies a mid-week session at anytime, If 'the boss' lets me, I'll be only too happy for the excuse for a spot of fishing :)

I also want to get down to Folkestone, mid mayish, for a session after mackerel, gar & bass if you are on for that Phil?

Tight Lines - leon

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, that's a shame, I'd saved 5 days holiday for August just in case too!

I've still got Chris' number so I'll give him a tap when the mullet start to show.

I'm out of the island for the first two weeks of October though, as I'm off to The Red Sea again to find some new subjects to photograph!

Grant:

Paul,

Don't forget you said you would take me out on a mullet session- usual fishing is giving usual results at the moment!

No probs......just let me know when you're free buddy. I'll probably go saturday or sunday on the low tide if you're free?

I was really surprised to find a nice sized plaice at Bonne Nuit on Sunday, so there's definately fish about!!

Paul,

I am beginning to suspect you are a mullet, only appearing on here when the water temperature is right! :D

Am trying to go tonight, but will give you a shout re Saturday- preseumably the morning? Could do about 11

B.A.S.S. member