Mullet Watch 2004

Chippy

Excellent Paul! One ahead before I even got my rod out. I am down there tonight to have my first go! I had to take the summer off last year to train for a major Mr Great Britin title(which I did win!)and compete in the USA. This year I am not competing so I am going to hit the mullet fishing big time! Did you take the fish on high or low water? What level were the fish feeding? Earlier first fish than last year than!

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fished the incoming tide. The venue I fished always fishes best two hours after low, but there's always a relatively short time that the mullet hang around for.

It's a really shallow spot, so I was fishing about 2 feet deep and about 15 yards out. I didn't see any fish on the surface at all.

I was gthinking of going this afternoon for a couple of hours, but is blowing a gale down here and lashing down!!

Had my first bash today! Saw hundreds of mullet down in Weymouth Harbour today. I think most of them were thin lips as they had the usual long and thin look to them. I think I saw a couple of fish have a go at a bit of bread on the top but they were very tentative bites. I had one really good bite but it was just a dam crab! Trying again in the week if the weather is good! Nice to know they are there though!

That picture does make Paul look amazingly like the cover of one of this months fishing mags- the similarity is uncanny!

And even though I had no luck, cheers for the help!

B.A.S.S. member

Guest sslatter

He reminds me a bit of that old Hollywood film character, oh dear, whatsisname? Gregory Peck? No.. Kirk Douglas? Umm..no..Oh yeah, that was it: Nosferatu. :-):-):-)

It's murder down here..STILL no fish. :-(