Mullet Watch 2004

Chippy

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Managed another one yesterday afternoon! Just another minnow l'm afraid Paul about 2 1/2 lb again! Caught on the normal method this time as they won't taking off the surface! Only had 3 bites the whole session but hit the last one beautiful! 3-2 Paul.

Weather gone bad now so expect them to go off the feed for a couple of weeks. Waiting for that hot spell again!

:D:D:D

It's 15-2 now then - I went out with my speargun and blasted a load yesterday (only joking Leon)

So you're hot on my heels then!!

I've got Friday off work, so providing it stops raining I might pop down for a few hours.

Apparently it's meant to be nice again down here for the long weekend, but the tides are a bit duff, so fingers crossed.

tonyfromalnwick:

Does anyone know of any mullet hot-spots between Whitley Bay and Berwick? I`ve never tried for them, and I`d love to give it a bash.

As the water warms up they appear in Hartlepool Harbour and I heard reports of a fw in the mouth of the River Wear. I assume that they go further north if it gets warmer, there were shoals near the blyth power station when it worked, in the warmer water, they may turn up when the water temperature rises.

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

Just drove back from Mull of Galloway today. When I was up there seen some feeding fish on the surface in Drummore harbour,I presume they were mullet but had left my polaroids in the car so could not be certain. Tackle dealer in Stranraer said they are in Port Patrick harbour for sure. The same guy said there was a sewer outfall just by the south harbour pier at Drummore which was a good shot,anyone fished it?

Crabs - you swine!

Snatcher:)

ps - Phil I live in Whitley Bay so if you hear out gis a bell mucker

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Guest sslatter

Well..got up this a.m. at 5, and went out for an hour or so in my favourite conditions of all-thick fog. Didn't catch, but saw two nice fish in the 3-4lb range.

It's now about an hour before the high, all the fog has cleared, and it's going to be a scorcher. I'm back off out to fish now.

I reckon there'll be quite a few mulleteers out fishing today too, all over the country..

So, if I don't catch one today, I'll never be able to show my face again around where I live.

:-(

I'll be hanging up my rods and taking up something more exciting, like origami.

I've always wanted to know how they make those italian sausages..

Don't mind me..it's the lack of sleep..

[ 03. May 2004, 07:52 AM: Message edited by: Graham X ]