Last call.

spasor

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On Page 17 of this weeks issue, there is a cartoon in the series "Angling Species" titled “No9 The Shady Skipper ”

(quote)

(takingus Foraridus)

Currently filling his boots at coastal tourist destinations, home and abroad (for shady skipper has brothers world wide). Sadly the fish ox isn’t being filled quite as fat as his wallet… but that doesn’t matter: holiday punters wont be back in a hurry. When not afloat, SS can be found pulling the birds and frittering away his ill gotten gains. With the gift of the gab, he can take anyone for a ride. Ever heard this one” were staying inshore – it’s best” (also costs less diesel(/quote)

Now this is OK as they are getting at the dodgy skippers that are out there, the problem is on the feckin cartoon the boat is called “Catchalot 2” hence the reason I am one very ****** off bunny tonight.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"

I think a very strongly worded letter to them is worth a go, but at least it got them another sale of the publication (couldn't think what else to call it).

I've been to Scrabster... and I want to go back!!!

Davy, methinks you've got yourself a nice editorial coming up soon.

Email them and request they print a disclaimer.

Kick up one hell of a fuss, it shows pure laziness on the part of AM - It would only have taken a quick Google to see if the name was used by a boat before defaming them.

(Of course there's no such thing as bad publicity).

And if they want testimonial’s from your happy customers they only have to look on here!

I’d defo come out with yer if we weren’t at other ends on the isles (and of course my penchance for expelling my lunch) :P (well the green face looks the part!)

Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.

BTW spasor, congrats on your Bass, fine looking fishy, taken by the 'pike' fishing method I presume.

Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.

For AM to just come up with the name "Catchalot 2" appears to be slightly more than just a chance happening ladies and gentlemen of the jury - Exemplary damages methinks.

Libel actions are not cheap but I am sure the Press Compliants Commission may give some guidence?