HOME MADE BOTTLE CAP LURES
Bottle cap lures are not a new concept they have been used in America and other countries for many years and have caught thousands of fish. These are now starting to make an appearance in the UK and the basic one is extremely easy to make, in the UK there is a mixed reaction to these lures with some saying they are dangerous and others thinking they are a brilliant idea, whatever your view they can also make an unusual gift for someone with the personal touch because you have made them yourself.
Okay so the first thing you will need is bottle caps, you should be able to get a quantity of these for free by going into your local pubs and asking them if they will save you some bottle caps. These ones in the photo were collected by my wife in a matter of twenty minutes from three different pubs, make sure you wash and dry the bottle caps to get rid of any liquid residue. Besides your bottle caps you will also need either a small screwdriver or a nine inch nail, a block of wood and a hammer.
Now that you have your bottle caps you will also need two split rings, a size 6 treble hook, two AAA shots and a size 8 swivel for each lure that you want to make. Take one of your bottle caps and place it on the block of wood then place the screwdriver/nail on the edge of the bottle cap and hit the screwdriver/nail with the hammer to make a small hole.
Turn the bottle cap round so that the hole is in the twelve o’clock position and then repeat the process creating another hole in the six o’clock position. Slide a split ring through each hole and then holding the bottle cap at three and nine o’clock positions squeeze it until it starts to fold over.
Finally slide the size 6 treble on to one split ring and the size 8 swivel (swivel is optional) on to the other and there you have your first basic bottle cap lure.
The great thing about these bottle cap lures is that once you have made a few of the simple ones you can add things like mackerel feathers, spinner blades or any of many other lure related accessories, a few examples are in the pictures below. If you prefer not to make your own we have found somebody selling them on eBay too. Available on eBay here –> http://ebay.to/2pFNAiN
Green Pharmacy Body Massage Essential Oil Anti-cellulite Cypress Juniper Lavender Lime Natural Oils 200 ml
£5.75 in stock
- ESSENTIAL OILS FOR CELLULITE – reduce the appearance and feel of cellulite by massaging affected areas with our complex of nourishing and moisturizing essential oils which support the fight against cellulite
- BODY MASSAGE OIL – a combination of juniper essential oil, lavender essential oil and cypress essential oil are renowned for improving microcirculation, preventing stagnation of lymphatic fluid and to help speed up metabolism
- PROFESSIONAL QUALITY MASSAGING OIL – featuring almond oil as it facilitates the penetration of the active ingredients and for the hands to glide over the skin during massage. Lime oil has been included to promote relaxation, refresh the body and improve mood
- ANTI CELLULITE MASSAGE OILS – this unique combination of essential oils helps to reduce fluid retention as well as unsightly stretchmarks. After regular use you will notice smoother skin with better elasticity which is fragrant with our natural smelling herb mix
- SAFE AND EASY TO USE – we are pleased to say that massage oils from The Green Pharmacy are free from parabens, preservatives and artificial colors to ensure you and your skin receive only natural goodness from the nourishing and healing herbs contained in our essential massage oil
SAMSFX Fishing Quick Knot Tying Tool 6 in 1 Fly Line Clippers with Zinger Retractor (6 in 1 Clipper & Oval Zinger Retractor)
- MULTI-FUNCTIONAL: 6 in 1 stainless Steel multitool , including knot tyer, hook sharpener, jig eye cleaner, line cutter, lure tuner and bottle cap opener
- TIE KNOT: Great for common fishing knots, such as fly line to leader, line to line, line to hook, line to lures, line to swivel etc, even use it to tying 2-size loop
- HOOK HONE: stainless steel and diamond grit surfaces, ear handle design makes it easier to rotate and use, one groove on the side for easily grinding hook
- LINE CUTTING: The clipper jaws are widened and razor sharp for easy cutting mono lines, not for cutting braided line. In addition, the blade can be re-sharpened
- CARABINER RETRACTOR: The fly fishing tools kit equipped with retractable reel retractors, built-in 24"/60cm nylon cord and 1.5-Ounce retraction force, attach to fly vest or backpack for easy reaching
Plaid:Craft Mod Podge Dimensional Magic
£7.24 in stock
- Create dimensional special effects!
- Great for jewelry making and crafts
- 2oz tube
- Produced by Plaid
Glow in The Dark Paint (20ml) Aurora Bright Green, Non-Toxic, Water Based, by SpaceBeams
£9.99 in stock
- Non-Toxic, Non-Flammable, Water Based Paint (20ml / 0.68 fl. oz.)
- Glows ALL NIGHT After A Single Short Charge (UV Flashlight Is Best!)
- Very Strong/Vivid Bright Green Fluorescence (off white/cream colour in daylight)
- For use on a wide range of surfaces, e.g. paint, wood, glass, fabric, metal, plastic, etc. Indoors or outdoors (varnish over when using outside)
- Included: Lifetime Access To The Exclusive VIP Stencils Membership - Easily Create Professional Looking Wall Art!