Have you got a few minutes to spare? Could you use those few minutes to help a friend of Anglers' Net? It could land you a nice new reel!
I've just got off the phone to my mate Dave Havers at TackleBargains. I've known Dave for many years, so I could tell he sounded worn out on the phone and asked him how come. I know he works a lot of hours, but he's usually buzzing with energy and I thought all the talk would be about how well his new-look website is doing.
The new software upgrade, it seems, has been a double-edged sword. It's got quite a few features that TackleBargains are excited about. I've had a look and, from a customer's perspective, it's a lot slicker. I liked it a lot. However, there is a problem that not only did they not foresee, but it's also one that seems can only be fixed one product at a time. When you own what is probably one of the biggest online fishing catalogues in the U.K., that's not an easy task....especially when you don't know which items are affected. That's why Dave has been up nearly all week!
Anyway, rather than bore you with all the details, here's a plan that I devised with TackleBargains that may be of interest to you. We're asking anyone with a few minutes of time on their hands to help spot these errors. Every one you spot will gain you an 'entry' into a draw to win a Shakespeare Supreme Magnesium Front Drag Reel in either 30 or 35 size. As you can see from this page, these reels have a RRP of around £80, so should be a welcome addition to any tackle collection!
If you're interested, here's what you need to do:
- Take a look at THIS PAGE (click here) – as you can see, there's nothing wrong with it. However, now click the 'add to basket' button, you'll see the following error: “The following product(s) can not be added to the cart. You can find the error description(s) by following the link(s). LumiMax Hokki in Bulk (100)”. That's the sort of errors TackleBargains need to find (see the green rectangles in the screenshot below).
- Now, pick a section of the website and start trying the same method (i.e. adding the items to the basket one at a time). If you get one that shows a similar error, hit you browser back button and copy the page address in your browser address bar.
- Start an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Website Error”. Paste the address of the faulty product into the body of the email and hit send. The address you paste will look something like http://www.tacklebargains.co.uk/acatalog/LumiMax-Hokki-in-Bulk--100-.html.
- Carry on and find some more. For every one you find, you'll get another entry into the draw.
- TackleBargains will select one email at random from all of those who took part and this person will win the reel. It's as simple as that.
THIS 'COMPETITION' ENDS AT MIDNIGHT ON THE 28TH FEBRUARY, 2010. CLICK HERE to get started now! You can send in as many entries as you want!
Thanks in advance to anyone who does help and good luck! TackleBargains have been good to us over the years, so it would be nice to help them out.