Rock pool fish

me

When I went camping last summer there were these young lads who were fishing in a large rock pool. They caught a brown fish that was about 2lb. Their parents who were with them were fishing off these rocks. They said to the lads to put the fish back because you can't eat it. Anyway they went off and killed it.

Nathan

Genuine Taff

Probably...

their parents probably didnt realise that brown fish from rock pools have to be killed under euro law ,"dangerouse fish!", "section 3 british", "article 2352"

" brown fish from rockpools waying more than 500 grams must be killed (see section 5989) "brown spindly killer fish breed at the wight of 800 grams+ ,to restrict these fish drastic action must be taken, any person releasing such fish shall be imprisoned"

these kids did good ,their parents though were attempting to coerce their children into breaking the law ,if you see them again report them to a policeman :mad:

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Dvarcet:

Are they poisonous?

Well they ain't called the spindly killer fish for nothing :rolleyes:

I'm surprised you haven't heard of them, they've been known about since medieval times at least :)

Tight lines

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

Nathan:

Wow! i didn't realise it was that bad! I didn't have a clue who they were or where they come from.......

Chesters is taking the Michael :D . I think it would have been a wrasse but i have seen small dog fish in large rock pools. Is there anywhere where you can't catch a dog fish? :rolleyes:

quote:

Is there anywhere where you can't catch a dog fish?
yes the precise place where you take someone fishing for the first time and say "even if its crap we'll get doggies here"...the distance your mate had to travel and the amount of persuasion is proportional to the rarity.

quote:

Is there anywhere where you can't catch a dog fish?
in my garden/house/playground over the road/a phone box/in a tree/etc etc ,theres lots of places, i expect you know some as well :)

we know a song about not catching dogfish dont we children :)

i may go dogfish fishing in my local river ,i may be disapointed :(

[ 16. January 2004, 11:59 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson