Icy roads and the results with pics

JV44

The roads around my village and i am sure many other places were deadly with black ice this morning,These 2 crashes were both within a couple of hundred metres of the cottage that we are refurbishing at the mo,Bit grainy camera phone and all GetAttachment1-1.jpg these 2 met on a bend just up from where we were working and the blue pickup was going very slowly but the white post office one well this is the oil trail after he hit the pick up make your own mind up

GetAttachment2.jpg the poor guy in the pickup broke both tib and fib and his knee popped out not a pretty sight,had to help the paramedics carry him out of the side window of the pickup whilst waiting for this

GetAttachment1-2.jpg .

Shortly after the first shunt a min cooper came round the bend saw the scene hit the brakes and rolled over landing back on its wheels with a very shocked lady driver,had to leave her in the car to run round the bend to stop anything else crashing into her even though by this point she was hysterical but what do you do eh?.

Then my mate who had gone down the road in the other direction to stop traffic saw a small hatchback sliding down the hill on its roof,he helped a very dazed guy out through the window just as another car braked,flipped and rolled over onto its roof slid maybe a couple of hundred meters down the hill to come to rest here

GetAttachment1.jpg

You couldnt script it eh! very scary at the time and the noise and power of the helicopter is amazing , 2paramedics 4 cop cars and a helicopter .

They said there were loads and loads of crashes all over the region so watch out in this cold weather guys steve.

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Bloody hell!

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I nearly went base over apex three times just walking to the van first thing this morning so I drove to work much more slowly than would be my norm.

We really don't get these sort of conditions often enough for drivers to be more aware that you can't just charge about as though it's a fine summers day, (where their brains go when it snows or freezes I don't know).

I'm really surprised I saw no accidents today; having seen the aftermath of several on the way home since the clocks went back and also had to make a detour a couple of days back around a double decker bus which had slid (on ice) off the edge of a narrow forest road .

The thing is the amount of oil and diesel left on the road is another problem and that bit of road is very close to the little river Pang so hope it dont get into there,Couldnt have placed those 2 cars on there roofs any closer together if they tried and they both slid a long way to get there like that :o Steve.

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

when i was working at the uni one morning was really bad ,i putputted along on the 90 both feet down amongst absolute chaos .

got to the hogs back and found the ramp was closed to it ,pretending i was almost out of petrol i begged the copper to let me get to the garage up the ramp .he grudgingly obliged and lifted the tape and off i slid.

crossing the hogs back was an eye opener cars everywhere bar on the road! stopped twice by coppers sorting out the mess but they let me pass ,downhill was interesting into guildford but i arrived 3 minutes late the rest in their cars over 3 hours late :D

slid off a couple of times but far safer to fall off with no traffic than slide under a car! i think tomorrows carboot will be a very interesting drive at 7 am and i havnt the benefit of front wheel drive in the volvo.

another time it wasnt so bad just patches where the sun wasnt shining ,i putputted along the road but spotted when i was stopped in my mirror an intrepid motorcyclist using the grass verge ,unfortunately its only cut a couple of times a year and the sight of him flying followed by his bike informed me he had found a drainage ditch that frequent that verge :rolleyes:

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Now here's an ice storm. 1.25 million people w/o power. Look at the photo essay along the left side. In some parts of our country, ice storms are worse than others due to the idiot drivers. In the South, red necks think a 4 wheel drive will drive fine on ice.

ICE STORM

Now here's an ice storm. 1.25 million people w/o power. Look at the photo essay along the left side. In some parts of our country, ice storms are worse than others due to the idiot drivers. In the South, red necks think a 4 wheel drive will drive fine on ice.

ICE STORM

yep 2 inches of snow and we are at a stand still

A wise man learns by a fools mistakes, a fool by his own

yep 2 inches of snow and we are at a stand still

actually, in the southern part of our country, 2 inches of snow can slow things down but rarely create a stand still. I grew up in Wisconsin, way up North, so 2 inches of snow was nothing. A nuisance to be swept off with a broom.

actually, in the southern part of our country, 2 inches of snow can slow things down but rarely create a stand still. I grew up in Wisconsin, way up North, so 2 inches of snow was nothing. A nuisance to be swept off with a broom.
Hi Jan. I was brought up in 'snow country' too. We never thought much of it unless we had maybe two foot of the stuff, not two inches. I reckon that if we had a 4 or 5 inches of snow for any length of time down here on the south coast the economy would grind to a halt after a few days. Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Hi Jan. I was brought up in 'snow country' too. We never thought much of it unless we had maybe two foot of the stuff, not two inches. I reckon that if we had a 4 or 5 inches of snow for any length of time down here on the south coast the economy would grind to a halt after a few days.

When I moved to North Carolina, Cory, I was amused/amazed when school was canceled with the possibility of a couple inches of snow. I honestly hate driving in the stuff but in my younger days I drove a couple hundred miles at Christmas time, through 8-10 inches of snow, to get home. The secondary highways weren't even plowed. One just stayed in the tracks made by the many vehicles before. When I lived in a more rural area in Illinois, drifting snow was the biggest threat. There were piles of snow well over 10 foot tall on each side of the road from plowing. I once decided to try and get thru the area between them (looked safe enough) and blocked the entire highway. The bottom of my car got caught and I couldn't go either way. Some nice 4 wheel drivers towed me out. Homeward bound I went after they turned me in the proper direction. Oh, those were the days - young and foolish....