Blame Newt

Elton

It's strange how a circuit board seems to work for ever and a day when it's sitting in a TV set or a computer and yet when you put them in something maintained by blokes with white vans, monkey wrenches and wooden handled screwdrivers they fail at the drop of a hat.

Conning

Overpriced

Ripoff

Grabbing

Incompetents

Newt

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I went out on the Solent for a Joly yesterday, what a beautiful day, could almost be spring, had to keep my speed down below ten knots as the sun was so bright I couldn't pick up any bouys.

Coming back down the Solent got a good lick on until turning south to come into Wootton, bang, blinding, straight in my face was the sun, so bright I had my mate on deck spotting bouys for me (not that sort,) I said BOUYS, NOT BOYS. :huh:

Took me forever to navigate the creek to the pontoon and my eyes were stinging and watering so much they hurt for hours.

Not usual to have that much sun at this time of the year so I am going to Blame Clifftop. :rolleyes: (Clifftop is supposed to look after the sun this time of year.)

Is that 'Off Topic' or am I just hanging onto Newt's tail again. :D

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

:offtopic: There's always one isn't there....?

I just got a new job....with a £5K pay rise.

I blame Newt!

Janet

Congrats on the new job. :yahoo: Glad Newt was able to mess things up for you :P

quote name='Huge_Vitae' date='Dec 19 2008, 07:38 AM' post='1807927']

I went out on the Solent for a Joly yesterday, what a beautiful day, could almost be spring, had to keep my speed down below ten knots as the sun was so bright I couldn't pick up any bouys.

Coming back down the Solent got a good lick on until turning south to come into Wootton, bang, blinding, straight in my face was the sun, so bright I had my mate on deck spotting bouys for me (not that sort,) I said BOUYS, NOT BOYS. :huh:

Took me forever to navigate the creek to the pontoon and my eyes were stinging and watering so much they hurt for hours.

Not usual to have that much sun at this time of the year so I am going to Blame Clifftop. :rolleyes: (Clifftop is supposed to look after the sun this time of year.)

Awe com'on you sound just like the Nigella Lawson of the IOW, all promise and never delivering.

Just look at your post going for a joly with your spotty faced mate looking for bouys and playing with Newts tail and your eyes watering

We have the all the sun we need so we're just sharing it around.

Got invited to a BBQ by the National parks people the other day, on the beach and plenty of sun and no wind and the view was exceptional.This is one of 3 small islands in the bay.

post-8559-1229638844_thumb.jpg

Wheres gozzer when i need him.

Edited by Clifftop

my mind not only wanders-- sometimes it leaves completely.

Updated 7/3/09

http://sites.google.com/site/pomfred/

:offtopic: There's always one isn't there....?

I just got a new job....with a £5K pay rise.

I blame Newt!

Janet

Janet,

Be careful when taking sides with the man who wears the three cornered hat. :rolleyes:

or are you blaming him for going off topic.

Edited by Clifftop

my mind not only wanders-- sometimes it leaves completely.

Updated 7/3/09

http://sites.google.com/site/pomfred/

Janet,

Be careful when taking sides with the man who wears the three cornered hat. :rolleyes:

or are you blaming him for going off topic.

I will let Janet correct your errors. :rolleyes:

As for Nigella, My Wife remarked about it watching her prog. yesterday. All I said was "Still, nice pair of..........."

And I got one of 'Those' looks, for which, I blame Newt. :huh::oops:

Edited by Huge_Vitae

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

I will let Janet correct your errors. :rolleyes:

As for Nigella, My Wife remarked about it watching her prog. yesterday. All I said was "Still, nice pair of..........."

And I got one of 'Those' looks, for which, I blame Newt. :huh::oops:

Huge, I hear that comment so frequently I don't even bother with "the look". I keep in mind that he may be married, but he's not dead, so he will notice what he enjoys. His eyes and comments straying may be one thing, but those hands better stay where they belong. :P

But feel free to go ahead and blame him.

Does this thread mean that Davy is of the hook then???

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/blame-D...Holt-t1826.html

Edited by Chris Goddard

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

I keep in mind that he may be married, but he's not dead, so he will notice what he enjoys. His eyes and comments straying may be one thing, but those hands better stay where they belong. :P

Hmmm, Jan, WHAT was Newt doing here then??? Watching Nigella too ... :P :P :P

Asstd-pics249.jpg

As per, I blame Newt!!! :)

BTW, So you can check her out, heres the link...a Kitchen Goddess of the first order!!! :)

http://www.nigella.com/

Or, a couple of pics of the said Goddess...:):)

NigellaLawson.jpgnigella.jpg

Actually, I should say, WHO can blame Newt!!!

Edited by Norrie

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/