Blame Newt

Elton

Hi Fred, sorry to be missing in your hour of need.

I also afraid I can't be much help on a thread like this, because it usually gets turned into a 'Blame Gozzer' thread.

The only thing I can give you is a bit of 'food for thought'. :g:

I'll do this with a series of 'facts' (that should please cory), then let you make up your own mind.

Fact 1. This thread is entitled 'Blame Newt', someone with the initials HV tried to turn it into a 'Blame Clifftop' thread.

Fact 2. Newts initials are NV. The 'H' is just above the 'N' on a 'qwerty' keyboard.

Fact3. Jan says Newt is a clumsy 'so and so'. (careless fingers maybe?).

Fact 4. If you look on the map Newt posted on Norfolk Bobs thread in the 'New Member forum'. You will see that not too far from Newts home, is a place called......wait for it.......Isle of Wight!

Now as you know, I'm not one to cast aspersions, (I've hardly cast anything this season), or start a conspiracy theory :hypocrite: , but I think the 'facts' speak for themselves. :whistling:

I wont try to influence you either way, but will leave you all to come to your own conclusions on the subject.

John.

Hiya, A right little Sherlock Holmes you are John!! ;) VERY well done... :D :D

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Fred, sorry to be missing in your hour of need.

I also afraid I can't be much help on a thread like this, because it usually gets turned into a 'Blame Gozzer' thread.

The only thing I can give you is a bit of 'food for thought'. :g:

I'll do this with a series of 'facts' (that should please cory), then let you make up your own mind.

Fact 1. This thread is entitled 'Blame Newt', someone with the initials HV tried to turn it into a 'Blame Clifftop' thread.

Fact 2. Newts initials are NV. The 'H' is just above the 'N' on a 'qwerty' keyboard.

Fact3. Jan says Newt is a clumsy 'so and so'. (careless fingers maybe?).

Fact 4. If you look on the map Newt posted on Norfolk Bobs thread in the 'New Member forum'. You will see that not too far from Newts home, is a place called......wait for it.......Isle of Wight!

Now as you know, I'm not one to cast aspersions, (I've hardly cast anything this season), or start a conspiracy theory :hypocrite: , but I think the 'facts' speak for themselves. :whistling:

I wont try to influence you either way, but will leave you all to come to your own conclusions on the subject.

John.

And so why not simply say IT's Newts fault??

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

I'm too jet-lagged to write up my Cuba report! Is it because the Americas are too far away?

I blame Newt

Tony

Edited by Tony U

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

And so why not simply say IT's Newts fault??

I think it's Newt's fault when people don't post that something was Newt's fault, does this help? :rolleyes:

As for Gozzer's remarks, I think this is a case of ageism, Clifftop and Newt are clearly the oldest people on the planet. Gozzer follows close behind them both. :o OH Err Missus. :rolleyes:

Carry on envying my youth you both. ;):P (Clifftop and Gozzer that is, although I blame Newt, that you two are the way you are.) Does that make sense? Well it does to me, if it doesn't to you, well, blame Newt. :huh:

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

I think it's Newt's fault when people don't post that something was Newt's fault, does this help? :rolleyes:

As for Gozzer's remarks, I think this is a case of ageism, Clifftop and Newt are clearly the oldest people on the planet. Gozzer follows close behind them both. :o OH Err Missus. :rolleyes:

Carry on envying my youth you both. ;):P (Clifftop and Gozzer that is, although I blame Newt, that you two are the way you are.) Does that make sense? Well it does to me, if it doesn't to you, well, blame Newt. :huh:

Huge Vitae, (or should that be Huge Vail?. Still not made my mind up. :unsure: ).

In your earlier post you said that you had been out spotting buoys, not boys. Now you tell us you've got a youth :o .

I cannot envy him, because I don't know the young man in question.

Neither do I care to know how you acquired him, or your reasons for doing so. :o

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

John McCain is the oldest man on the planet at this time I think. Just ask any of the US TV comedians who discussed our recent presidential election.

I think McCain won the Senate seat vacated by Abraham Lincoln when he became president in 1861. :D

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President