Elton, Norrie bought a boat!!!!!!!

Guest NickInTheNorth

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ello All, Well, what a day....we ended up 8th out of 18 boats....with a total catch of 4 cod. Two sized...biggest 4.1/2 lbs....so, for our first competition...without F/F, well pleased... :D

Now for the serious stuff, I can now confirm, after running alongside another boat...the GPS is correct....but...in Kilometers... ..so must bow to your greater knowledge....fastest speed today was again 47 k's...as in about I think....just under 30 mph.....as in 25 knots...my mistake...it read in Klmh...I thought was Knts.....D'oh :confused: Anyway...still like S**t off a shovel...and still very fast....but just goes to show you...That yet AGAIN....AN has come up trumps.... :D:D Thanks to you all for your posts and your most helpful info.....

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

NICE ONE Norrie, thats well fast enough mate, I have a dell quay dorry that Im doing up, shes going to have a 60hp on the back if I get that speed from her i will be well happy.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

yes mate but my boats not finished yet mate,,,wheres the meet?

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

Sam...Plenty time yet...but Glasgowdan is hoping to get something organised....no time or place yet.....I'll be seeing him this week, and will get back to you.... :D

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

How do folk. Im dead keen. As of tonight me and fraser will have the cash to get another wee boaty... just a matter of a few days before a good one crops up. Im keen on an AN meet. The best thing might be to launch at ballantrae and fish the ailsa craig, fish a measure and release competition. Alternatively over the east coast for cod and ling. andyone else with any ideas feel free to share them.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sandpipper

Hi Norrie,cracking boat, Dont worrie im the same as you i can back a 40 artic into some tight spots but can i back this 17foot boat can i heck as like, some of my mates look scared when i say do this for a living now i shut my mouth after my 5th shunt down a slipway.Tony

hey, im not online much now for the next 3 months as Im oot my flat and living rough! got to put up with the net cafe heh! Well ive seen a couple of boats. saw a wee hunter down at dunure, and although it seemed great and the engines were in top nick, the trailer was virtually shot to bits and the hull was in poor condition. Theres a nice hunter in wales ive got my eye on but wont be able to see till next weekend, and it could be sold by then. *sigh* I just wanna get out there and fish! Norrie... you still on for the boat on 20th? I was in touch with peter about it and im looking forward to it. Im off to fife-ness tomorrow with richy, hopefully get a picture or two to post up. anyway, back to listening to my music...