Nearly lure chucking season

DJMCJERICO

w00t!! 6 days to go untill we can chuck some rubber.

Rods are already out and reels have been oiled and stripped of line ready for the new lot, just need to change some hooks over, thinking of going with doubles instead of trebles.

I'v been fishing with mono in the past but thinking of going with braid, any problems with this, any prefered makes to go with?

Got any good links for some lures and spinners?

Can you tell that i'm excited

Cheers

<º))))><.·´¯`·.ÐÅѸ.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>

IPB Image

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as braid is concerned stick with Fireline or Penn Tide Cutter. That new Diawa stuff is superb so add that to the list too.

For lure fishing braids are almost a must.

6 days to go to the lure chucking season? Thought it started on June 16th!

[ 24. September 2005, 06:06 PM: Message edited by: Peter Waller ]

there are so many good braids to choose from and a few bad braids aswell, the best ive used so far is berkely fireline. i have also used power pro but after several seshions using it i swapped it back to fireline due to it having a bigger diameter pound for pound, and no coating which i found caused more tangles.

6 days to go until we can chuck some rubber????

Please explain to a mainly sea angler please

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Does the October start for pike fishing still apply? I have never been able to understand the logic of that. Pike are about the first fish to spawn and yet you can't fish for them until October in many waters. Seems crazy to me! :confused:

Politicians are not responsible for a country's rise to greatness; The people are.

The people are not responsible for a country's fall to mediocrity; the politicians are.

The reason some places have October 1st as a reason for not pike fishing is pike fight so hard in summer that they drive themselves to near exaustion and then having to be handled makes the fish more tricky to handle.

Pike need a high oxygen content in the water, thus in warmer water when there is less oxygen dissolved in the water pike have an even harder time recovering....thus the october 1st date.

Jbee I have never been entirely convinced by that argument what happens as you get further north or you fish in faster flowing oxygen rich rivers?

That said, I rarely fish for Pike before October as I am concentrating on other species.

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

The Oct 1st start is purely tradition.

These days the excuse for it may be that pike fight hard in the summer, so why doesn't barbel fishing start on Oct 1st too?

I reckon piking started on October first to give trout anglers something to kill during their closed season...

Dave

dlstsig.png