Hey Everyone

Scratch dtb

Hiya,

Thought i would introduce myself!

I'm claire or flip whateva one u like!

I'm a keen fisher woman and help run a fishing shop in Plymouth, Devon.

I thought i'd come on here and get some advice from u lot when i need it!!

Cheers

C x

any intrepid spares

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Welcome to you claire/flip.

Good place here. Even the occasional person accidently telling the truth. Not often but it has happened. :D

Since you posted on the sea angling section, I'm assuming that Plymouth, Devon is maybe on the sea and that your shop carries mostly salt water gear?

I probably should know already but don't ever venture that far east.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

chesters1:

any intrepid spares

Welcome to the sea fishing forum. If you can help any anglers with local information for your area as well as catch reports it would be much appreciated.

Alan(nl)

[ 02. June 2003, 10:40 PM: Message edited by: Alan Taylor ]

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

Hiya Claire!! How's Guzz these days!! Is Union street got any less rowdy??

Hope your stay here is long and happy!!

Chris

Ex. Skate!! :D

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Welcome aboard Flip,

Just been down yer way, Dartmouth.

Sadly the Skerries was trawled on Sunday (25.05.03) night and 10 grand changed hands the following day for black fish - they were even bragging in the Brixham pubs. Needless to say there was a considerable drop over night of fish stocks. It's about time that *all* comercial fishing boats were fitted with tracker devices and not just those over 15 meters long, also with fines and confiscation orders that really do act as an deterrent. And as for the FPO boat coming out of the harbour it is supposed to police, well that is also inaffective in the day of the mobile telephone.

Sorry, rant over - just a bit miffed that even protected zones arn't policed. But I'm sure you will agree that pleasure anglers provide for the local economy far and above a few Brixham pirates.

I was out Thursday at 7.30pm when all of the charters had gone in and a beamer was was heading straight fof the Skerries until she saw us and veared off (her arms were extented BTW - Guess she was just cleaning her nets) - Can't help thinking she stayed lurking because the following day the fishing was even poorer than it had been.

Any ideas on how to combat this?

Thanks for the welcome boys.

Plymouth is on the south west coast Newt - we have some great fishing down here.

Alan i would be happy to give out any info anyone wants on the area and anything else i can help wiv, I'm still a baby to fishing really i'm only 20 so got alot ot learn yet but am very willing to.

Chris are you from plymouth? or just visited?

Thanks again for the welcome and as i said any questions and i will try myt best to answer.

C x

Hello scratch/flipper.

You need advice, when you work in a shop in Plymouth??

Don`t go drinking with any of the English Boat squad!! Especially Ray or Bret!

Otherwise, what can we tell you?

Paul.

We don`t use J`s anymore!!