looking for camera for close up / macro shots

chavender

A good light source and a tripod are the most important things for macro shots. When I want to take really good shots I go to my mates house because he has a copy stand, these are better than tripods for direct overhead shots.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought they were fish fingers :rolleyes:
I didn't know fish had fingers ;)

Sorry. I'll get me coat :P

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

I didn't know fish had fingers ;)

Sorry. I'll get me coat :P

So you mean those sweet and sour prawn balls really were!!!!!! :headhurt::(:o

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

With Den on this one, back awaya little and zoom back in

Hand held at a party table....Chip sticks....from a very old Fuji M603

018.jpg

yes might be old camera but the fuji was £825 when it first came out and only two years aco someone i know paid £525 for one ,i bought mine from asda £199 ,it is an exceptional camera

ive also got a canon rebel xt 350d with two lense for sale in as new condition

in reply to Colin Brett

The Fuji M603 was a not a cheap camera £825 when it first came out i paid three years £199 at asda for mine and i know of some one who paid £525

for one it is an exceptional camera

Yep paid £500 something for mine, it was top of the range at the time, i've got 3 now, the last two off of ebay for about 50-60 quid ;)

tiplight.jpg

1509tarpon_75_.gif

Any compact camera with a zoom lens is capable of using the reversed 50mm trick.

This is a green lacewing, its head real size is about 2mm long, this was using a Canon G6 with a 50mm lens i bought at a car bootsale for £1.50 held against the zoomed lens on the G6 but backwards, i.e. front element to front element.

greenlacewing.jpg

Just too let you all know ,well i opted to buy THIS Fuji Finepix S5600 ,probably paid a bit more than i'd liked but it does have a few extras with it ,i'll just have to learn how to use it competantly ,it'll most likely replace my other camera and be used for everything .

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

Just too let you all know ,well i opted to buy THIS Fuji Finepix S5600 ,probably paid a bit more than i'd liked but it does have a few extras with it ,i'll just have to learn how to use it competantly ,it'll most likely replace my other camera and be used for everything .

Hi chavender, I got the S5800 for Christmas and if the S5600 is as good, you will be pleased with the macro results.

I've been playing with the macro and here are a few I took.

A penny with needle and thread, (for perspective).

2009_0121firstpics0022.jpg

Same shot, but a bit closer.

2009_0121firstpics0023.jpg

A lighter wheel.

2009_0121firstpics0014.jpg

All hand held.

Still learning though. :D

John.

Edited by gozzer

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John